Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King Windshield Options?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 11:29 PM
jeffreyjames
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Road King Windshield Options?

Hi All,

I have an 03 Road King Police, anyone riding with any aftermarket windshield setup, or alternative to the stock Road King windsheild? Just curious if there is anything else out there other than a batwing style. Any cool different types of windshields? Better aerodynamics, style, etc?

Old 02-27-2008, 05:29 AM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Road King Windshield Options?

I was really pleased with the Clearview shield on my Road King. I chose the -2" model, and the recurve at the top of the shield very adequately directed air above and over my helmet. It's a high quality windshield, and the light tint really improved the appearance of the bike.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:04 AM
jeffreyjames
Road Captain

the windshield looks very cool. Now, the -2", do you think it's simililar in wind protection to the stock due to the curve? Any better even, or just about the same? Also, what are the covers of your headlights called? That look is nice..

Old 02-27-2008, 12:20 PM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 853 Likes on 643 Posts

i am thinking of ordering the clearview with curve...-2 inches
1-is wind similar?
2-is it a difficult install/replacement ?
3-i beleave mine has a grey strip in the center mounting ..does the new shield bring the grey strip across the middle for mounting?
4-should i / do i..need any screws , bolts or lock-tight or other.. handy to replace something that will/might/could break during change-out
5-finally, any visual problems were the re-curve is located? distortion?
thank you in advance.

Old 02-27-2008, 01:50 PM
az232
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I changed the stock police windshield to the HD mid. It's 4" shorter than the tall police windshield (stock= 22", HD mid= 18") It works well for me.

Old 02-27-2008, 01:55 PM
monsterdeluxe
Road Captain

I have a full clear windshield and a shorty tinted windshield. Almost never use them, if the ride is long enough. I use the Quadzilla batwing with Sirius stereo.

Old 02-27-2008, 02:38 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

I currently have a HD tall and cannot see over the top, which is what I like and want to do. Am considering the HD Mid-low Profile, the HD Low Profile, and the Clearview 17" with recurve and light tint. Would really like to see a front view of Pastor John's or anyone else's Clearview.I have a FLHRS.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:20 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

The Clearview that I had did not come with any mounting hardware - just the plastic. I changed mine out during the winter, and the cold temperature in my garage allowed the stainless mounting hardware to just pop off with a little coaxing, and the silicone glue/sealant that holds the hardware to the windshield popped off intact and I was able to reuse it. Assuming that your glue comes off intact, you won't need any other hardware - you can re-use the original as all the holes in the Clearview are identical to the stock windshield. It took me about 20 minutes to make the change.

The headlight/running light/turn signal covers are the visor covers from the HD catalog.

I think the -2" recurve flowed air about the same as the stock windshield, and of course lowered my line of sight to a more comfortable height. I was very pleased with it. There was no visible distortion due to the recurve.

Here's a pic at a slightly different angle - sorry that I don't have a goodhead-on shot.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:10 PM
Cats RKC
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got a Memphis Shades windshield for my RKC. It is Gradient Black and 2" shorter than stock. It looks great on my chrome and black King and is also a little thicker than stock. Also the price was right at $104.00 including shipping from J&P Cycles.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:26 PM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 853 Likes on 643 Posts

thank you for the detailed information.

Quick Reply: Road King Windshield Options?