Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Return Policy Complaint

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 04:52 PM
roxnatwist
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HD Return Policy Complaint

I bought a detachable luggage rack from a Rossmeyer dealer yesterday. The guy at the parts counter says save the box in case you decide you don't want it, you can return it. So he stuffs the receipt in the bag(my mistake for not looking at it) and sends me on my way. I got it home and decided I didn't need it bad enough to pay them an extra $30.00 over Zanotti's price so I took it back today. The guy from yesterday wasn't there so the new guy tells me he can only give me store credit, not a refund. To make matters worse, he pulled the receipt out of the box and highlighted where it said "store credit only". I bitched about it loud enough that the parts manager finally gave me the money back on my card but wasn't happy about doing it.
So, my question is do most dealers have a "store credit only" refund policy? If they do, what do you guys do when you get a part home and decide it's the wrong part, you don't like it, etc.?
I realize it's Rossmeyer but am I wrong to be pissed about them not wanting to give me my money back? The OL says I have no right to get pissed, I should have looked at the receipt. I'd like to hear how your all's dealers handle returns and if I should just not buy anything else from a Rossmeyer shop.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:55 PM
eglidetrike1
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HD Return Policy Complaint

Yep, Brians in Pa does the same thing.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:01 PM
RD GLD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AS long as I have the original receipt, they give me full refund within 90 days. If you don't have the receipt it is store credit only.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:01 PM
Joe Mark
Tourer

That policy should of been posted somewhere in plain sight. The receipt is an after transaction issue. VERY VERY poor business practice if it's posted IN PLAIN SIGHT AT THE PARTS COUNTER. But then again, it is Rossmeyer, he may have gottenbig by leaving his customers with warm fuzzies... but by now a few unhappy customers here and there matters not. Sad but true. Now ya know where NOT to spend the thousands and thousands of dollars worth of chrome, MOCO chit, maint etc........

Ride safe

Old 02-26-2008, 05:03 PM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

which store was it?

Old 02-26-2008, 05:05 PM
Fletch
Cruiser

That policy is posted on the front door of my dealer.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:07 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

You guys crack me up. You deal with someone who has a death grip on the market, with decades of crappy service, and then get offended because they don't give a hoot about customer service. Those who have a dealer or its employees who take good care of you are lucky and in the minority.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:07 PM
roxnatwist
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was their Pompano store. I only buy from them when I either want something so bad I can't wait or I have no other choice. Now, I think I'll double check before laying out my coin. I can't believe you can have a retail operation and such a poor customer satisfaction policy. After I got my credit from them, I told the guy I'd never spend another penny in their store. His attitude was "I don't make the rules, I just have to do what they tell me".

Old 02-26-2008, 05:23 PM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well considering that some of the HD shops are laying people off that was probably the most appropriate response on his part.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:32 PM
Bluerose

If you have a reciept store credit is bunk...It is the merchant trying to make sure you spend your dollars there.

Nope I have no problems returning stuff.Especially with the '08 I have had several things not fit and had to return them. Always get my $$ back.

Quick Reply: HD Return Policy Complaint