Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Return Policy Complaint

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 06:56 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts
Default RE: HD Return Policy Complaint

yeah, don't that suck. it would be nice to get a gift certificate sometime and actually be able to use it without having to drive to timbuk 3......

Old 02-26-2008, 07:32 PM
jimmy z
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

The two dealerships in LI,NY that I deal with pull that "store credit" only crap also.So I make sure that what I want I really need.As of late, I go to the local dealerships check out want I want then order from Zanotti's.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:46 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dealer does the store credit thing, but it is well posted and in big letters on the front of every receipt. Knowing that makes it easier. I have returned stuff, got my gift card and when I needed/wanted something else use the credit. It usually coincides with a period of cashflow slow down so it has worked out for me. In a store I am not sure I always ask FIRST!

Old 02-26-2008, 10:57 PM
cmcsns
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: jimmy z

The two dealerships in LI,NY that I deal with pull that "store credit" only crap also.So I make sure that what I want I really need.As of late, I go to the local dealerships check out want I want then order from Zanotti's.
Try New Rochelle HD, they've treated me very well when I've dealt with them

Old 02-27-2008, 03:33 AM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would be happy to take the store credit. I know i will be back and it's a nice way to confuse my wife who is tight unless it's shoes for her. I just convinced her to get rid of 75 pairs of shoes so i could walk in my walk-in closet which i am being constructively removed from.

Old 02-27-2008, 04:20 AM
XTrooper3936
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: JonnyD

"can I return this for a full refund"? Is the question to ask before you pay!
Bingo! Signs posted in plain view are nice, but if you don't see any, it's on you to ask exactly what the return policy is. NO ONE is going to take care of you but yourself. And, of course, the title of this thread should read Dealer complaint as H-D has nothing to do with it.

Old 02-27-2008, 04:39 AM
hoosierdaddy
Cruiser

I guess I don't get it , you obviously didn't do your home work on any part of this deal and you want to blame the dealer for that . I can only imagine the number of customers that buy something just to see how it will look on their bike and then decide whether to keep the item . I like getting money back also but in store credit is smart business . Hang on to your Wal Mart receipt's they're doing the same thing .

Old 02-27-2008, 07:44 AM
Uncle Scrooge
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"No cash refunds. 30 days limit exchange or store credit only. No returns on sale items." This is printed on the receipt at my dealer's but not to my knowledge posted anywhere else so youwill know it before the sale.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:49 AM
Drifting Texas
Tourer

I imagine this policy is up to each dealer. Tripps Harley Davidson in Amarillo Texas is returns for store credit however I very seldom buy anything from them. Even with their 10 percent discount for Hog members (which I am no longer one) I can find every thing I wantsomewhereelse for cheaper if I am willing to wait and in mostcases I am.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:07 AM
choochoo
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yep most dealers are that way. So ALWAYS look before you leap, and do your research up front.

Personally I think it's wrong, but HD has this thing about opened packages.
They don't want to take them back from the dealer, and they charge dealers a restocking fee.
So to keep costs down and keep their profit margin high, thus the store credit only.

Quick Reply: HD Return Policy Complaint