Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 04:13 PM
Teneight
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Alarm

If you have an 07 and don't have the alarm fob you do not have an alarm on the Bike. It would not start if you did.The 07 come with an automatic arming system no button to push to turn it on or off.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:15 PM
outlaw0013
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's easy to set up. Manual has info on how. If you don't have a manual guy's here on the forum who have an 07 will help you out.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:37 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

ORIGINAL: binkman78

ORIGINAL: EdwardK

If the bike starts......you don't have an alarm.

If you had an alarm it wouldn't start with out the "alarm on and off thingy" otherwise know as a fob.

The bike will start - if it's not armed - when you turn on the ignition it will show a red key on the right hand side of the speedo. If it downs just pick up a FOB and program it.
no, it won't. the 07s are automatically armed and disarmed with a proximity sensor and a fob. if you don't have the fob, the alarm will go off, and the bike will not start. it can be bypassed, but it would have to be done each and every time you wanted to start or move your bike. there is no 'master' off code.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:45 PM
tanq
Cruiser

I programmed one myself. The local HD shop gave me the instructions. It's a combination of hitting the left and right blinker buttons and then holding the button on the fob. I'll check to see if I have it written down in my notebook somewhere...

Old 02-26-2008, 04:45 PM
epd612
Advanced

I took the seat off the bike and found the module behind the battery. I was told that this module works the blinkers and the balance of the bike. So I was also told that if it had an alarm on it, then it would have 2 connections on it instead of the one connection. Is the correct? I looked at a picture of one of the modules and it looks the same. I don't know!!!!

Scotty

Old 02-26-2008, 05:11 PM
SG 1
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My little red key comes on ........ sometimes........ I don't have an alarm though.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:18 PM
jakedog
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: SG 1

My little red key comes on ........ sometimes........ I don't have an alarm though.
me neither[:@]

Old 02-26-2008, 05:52 PM
binkman78
Club Member

ORIGINAL: skratch

ORIGINAL: EdwardK

If the bike starts......you don't have an alarm.

If you had an alarm it wouldn't start with out the "alarm on and off thingy" otherwise know as a fob.

The bike will start - if it's not armed - when you turn on the ignition it will show a red key on the right hand side of the speedo. If it downs just pick up a FOB and program it.
no, it won't. the 07s are automatically armed and disarmed with a proximity sensor and a fob. if you don't have the fob, the alarm will go off, and the bike will not start. it can be bypassed, but it would have to be done each and every time you wanted to start or move your bike. there is no 'master' off code.
My bad - sorry.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:11 PM
Drifting Texas
Tourer

If you have a black fob with the key you are set. If you only bought it an got a key and the thing starts are you sure you didn't just buy a stolen motorcycle?

Old 02-26-2008, 06:53 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

My bad - sorry.
no biggie, things change from year to year.... sometimes even in mid year..

to the original poster, did you pay for security? the bike is available with or without. if you paid for it, and didn't get the fob, then you don't have security (unless they stashed the fob in the saddlebag and you haven't seen it) and i would be hollering at the dealer. if it isn't listed on your contract, then you didn't pay for it, and didn't get it.

Quick Reply: Alarm