Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide Invasion

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 09:06 AM
cwilks
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Street Glide Invasion

ORIGINAL: N2DWIND

Well I'm a sexy lookingguy and the wife said I looked the sexiest on the Street Glide it was not a hard choice. Street Glide for me.

YEP...that's what I'M concerned with when I buy a scoot.."How sexy I look"....hmmm, could this be what a poser REALLY is

Old 02-27-2008, 09:22 AM
Superglide 04
Tourer

ORIGINAL: scottburns8ball

I am part of the "Street Glide invasion" as some would call it. I think the popularity of this bike is very simple. It is a sleek and "sexy" bike that is a blank canvas to customize. It isa bagger that a younger person can feel cool on. The Road Glide is "okay" but I do not care for the fairing. The other HD tourers just seem to say "old". I don't mean that as a jab or put down. It is just to illustrate my point that the Street Glide is attracting younger buyers who previously wouldn't have been seen on a bagger. BTW, I'm 37.
I'm 33 and I don't think my bike says old. I also don't see my bike everywhere I go, which is cool in my book. I really like the street glide but everyone has one now.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:34 AM
Oldandslow
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Crusher

Well this is the last time I make an observation and post about it[sm=escape.gif]Didn't mean to start a war here[sm=bicker.gif]
I thought your comment was appropriate. Does seem like a lot of Streetglides. First time I saw one at the dealer I made a comment (out loud I think , "What is that? That is beautiful!" Finally got one. I thought the same thing when I saw the black 50th Anniversary Sportster for the first time. Harley builds some beautiful bikes.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I came off a sport bike back in the late 90's early 00's. I started to learn that I was either going to kill myself or spend some time in jail. That didn't appeal to me very well. I decided to go to a night train. I loved the bike, it was great in town, looked cool and it was a HARLEY. Then I started to learn what riding was all about. I started to go for longer rides, started to see more country, started to set out new adventures it was great but the night train was not set up for long trips. I started to look at different scooters, at first I wanted a road king, then I seen the street glide........ I was asking myself over and over in my head "Do I really want to go to a geezer glide, am I ready for that yet?" I really didn't want o get rid of my night train but I just wanted to get out and ride. I went for it and I'm happy that I did. I'm looking forward to many new adventures in the near future and I'm also looking forward to longer rides to see more country. I also think the street glide has very sexy lines......... for a bagger

Old 02-27-2008, 09:39 AM
CrackOfDawn
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am going to sue anyone that has a bike just like mine. Then I am going to sue anyone that does not have a bike just like mine.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:45 AM
wvbiker26187
Cruiser

I really like the street glide the most of the touring but liked orange more so i just bought a orange road glide. Its all in what you want. My best friends wife just piced up a 2008 streetglide and i drool over her all the time. The BIKE guys!!!!! now thats not right to think like that.
Got to love em all

Old 02-27-2008, 11:32 AM
Rocket Jockey
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Top

I came off a sport bike back in the late 90's early 00's. I started to learn that I was either going to kill myself or spend some time in jail.
DITTO!! Funny thing was I thought I was over the speed thing, ready to grow up, just go slow and enjoy......that lasted all of 30 seconds!! Hopefully my HQ motor will satisfy that need for speed.I do miss the crotch rockets. I have been looking for a TL1000R....I seriously hope I don't find one!!!

Honestly, I like the Street Glide. I have an SG rear on my RG. Like someone else said, I wanted something different and everybody had a EG converted to the SG look even before the SG was available. Something about a tricked out RG trips my trigger. I have riden most of the Harley models and the bat wing fairing just wasn't my thing. I like the stretched out feeling on the RG. I also prefer the way the bike handles compared to a bat wing bike. It is all personal preference. I doubt I will ever own anything other than an RG.

RJ

Old 02-27-2008, 03:07 PM
scottburns8ball
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Superglide 04

ORIGINAL: scottburns8ball

I am part of the "Street Glide invasion" as some would call it. I think the popularity of this bike is very simple. It is a sleek and "sexy" bike that is a blank canvas to customize. It isa bagger that a younger person can feel cool on. The Road Glide is "okay" but I do not care for the fairing. The other HD tourers just seem to say "old". I don't mean that as a jab or put down. It is just to illustrate my point that the Street Glide is attracting younger buyers who previously wouldn't have been seen on a bagger. BTW, I'm 37.
I'm 33 and I don't think my bike says old. I also don't see my bike everywhere I go, which is cool in my book. I really like the street glide but everyone has one now.
You bike doesn't say "old". You have a great looking Road King. I should have been more specific. I was refering to the full dress baggers. BUT, I still don't mean to imply anything negative about those bikes.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:20 PM
07yellowglide
Road Warrior

Road GLides ROCK[sm=Flahssssss.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=happybounce.gif]

I bought it because I liked the look and wanted to be a little different..............
plus there ain't nothin' better looking than a glide wrapped in pearl yellow sitting in the sun.....................

Old 02-27-2008, 09:50 PM
sublime_ac
Road Master

ORIGINAL: 07yellowglide

there ain't nothin' better looking than a glide wrapped in pearl yellow sitting in the sun.....................
I have to admit that color really pops in the sun... I wish Harley would come out with some more bangin' colors...

Like House Of Kolor Moly Orange:

House Of Kolors Raspberry Pearl

House Of Kolor Soprano Purple:

Guess I am gonna have to spend $3-5K to make my bike pop in a color like this...

Quick Reply: Street Glide Invasion