Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide Invasion

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 11:59 PM
FLHXn
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Street Glide Invasion

Harley knows what they're doing. They saw a trend and jumped on it. So many Electraglide guys were stripping the tour pac, ditching the standard windshield and lowering them.. Why?? It looks awesome!!! I too jumped on the Street glide invasion band wagon and damn it I love it! As far as Road glides are concerned??? Same freaking bike,, different fairing. It's like comparing a Chevy Astro to a GMC Safari,, same chit! Slightly different sheet metal.. Both bikes are beautiful.. I think the Road Glide caters to a slightly older crowd that is more focused on total comfort.. where as the Street Glide crowd likes the chopped, lowered, custom look a litte more.. All are Harley,, All are beautiful. How boring would it be if Harley only made one model??? Duh! Pick the one that gives you a hard on and ride it!!! Don't bother talking chit about what the other guy rides cuz it makes you look like a dickweed!

Old 02-27-2008, 12:20 AM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

wifey bought me a SG in early 06....i changed bunches on it....i love the RG, will probly buy one soon....i likes dem black ones with the red stripes an all

Old 02-27-2008, 12:41 AM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 518 Likes on 361 Posts

I've noticed on runs lately, that 1/2 the bikes there are either Street Glides (OR) Electra Glides set up like Street Glides.
So YEAH !!! I'd say it's popular. What doesn't make sense is, how can a Street Glide and an Electra Glide Classic cost within
a few hundred bucks of each other. I mean bang for the buck,the Classic is a way better deal just for the tour pack. Even if you
only use it twice a year. I like the E/Glide wheels better. An hour or two and you'd have a trimmed down Classic. I guess the pinstripes
would have to be ok with you. Certainly the SG emblems look better. Too bad the dumbasses at HD didn't think to offer black pearl
on the Classic (only one w/o it ??!!)

Don't even want togo nearthe RG vs SG thing . . .

Glad to see Yosemite Sam on here

"SAY YER PRAYERS YA FLEA BITTEN VARMINT !!!!!!"

Old 02-27-2008, 04:09 AM
Aslan
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No question, the SG is a great looking motorcycle and is the hot item right now.
I just like the Road Glide a little better.
When I bought mine they only had 3 Road Glides in stock and a whole bunch of Street Glides. So it wasn't like they were out of SGs and I had no other choice as someone said Road Glide buyers were doingearlier in the thread.
I know it seems strangeto a lot of peoplebut for meI prefer the shark.

Old 02-27-2008, 04:34 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

When I decided to trade back to a batwing I almost went with an EG Classic. But I put everything down on paper and the cost of new front and rear signals, new front and rear fender, gauges, fairing mounted mirrors, painted saddle bag latches, tour pak quick detach kit would have cost more than adding a tour pak and passenger floorboards to a Street Glide. The driving lights were a freebie so they didn't play into the equation. So outside of the lower suspension I have my EG Classic. In the color I really wanted. Even though that pac n black has me drooling every time I see it.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:57 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

ORIGINAL: roxnatwist

You guys are hilarious! I think my next bike will be a Street Glide because I'm still too young for an Ultra...no offense to any Ultra owners. I'm just saying...
No offense taken. We all know theUltra is for when one becomes a bigboy and is ready to take thenext step.[sm=escape.gif]

Old 02-27-2008, 08:20 AM
spankustang
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sold my 04 GSX-R1000 for my StreetGlide.
I wanted something I could ride more that 50 miles without my wrists hurting. But I also wanted something that was still "sporty". The SG fit that bill and I'm extremely happy with the decision!!

Old 02-27-2008, 08:51 AM
CrackOfDawn
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

White paint is theshit! Why would you blow your hard earned money on a different paint, that is still paint, just to say you spent more on paint. I had black paint, pearl paint, blue paint, even some crazy copper paint. Oh yeah, you may go to black, or you lesser informed people may go with a dull paint, but you'll be back to white. I'm 37, and feel young, so I went with white. Anything with the word Pearl is a girl thing, right? So I had to get rid of that. I did not want my other white paint owners to give me a hard time.I can't be buying no girly paint. I am alive, so black didn't feel appropriate so I got rid of that. Black is a dead color. White paint is cooler, faster, and makes me fit in. Wait, I thinkI like black again. Damn all you pigments!

Old 02-27-2008, 08:57 AM
N2DWIND
Novice

Well I'm a sexy lookingguy and the wife said I looked the sexiest on the Street Glide it was not a hard choice. Street Glide for me.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:05 AM
BB06FLHX
Road Warrior

Wehn I was looking for my second bike (1st being a nightrain) I looked at the RG. Then a buddy bought a SG and I couldn't stop drooling. So I got for myself and have loved it ever since. This will be the bike I keep and all others will be added to it not used to replace it.

Quick Reply: Street Glide Invasion