Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide Invasion

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 04:50 PM
Phurion
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Street Glide Invasion

ORIGINAL: Duracell

Eddy G, your sig doesn't say what,,,,, well you don't have a sig,,,,,

So what do you ride?????

Just wondering???

It's what all twits ride these days.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:55 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

SG is absolutely a buyer favorite. I think it is much more of a long termbike than some of these other newer models they haved released, like The Rocker, The Cross Bones, The Street Bob etc..

This thread just goes to show what PMS can do by the time Februaury is almost over.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:00 PM
candyx
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dealer didn't let me leave until i bought a Street Glide thats how i got mine and i just stopped in to buy a tee shirt that day............

Old 02-26-2008, 05:09 PM
Basz
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know is the brisk SG sales ever level off they will come out with a Screamin Eagle Version.

I know several guys are already on Dealers list if a SE SG is made.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:09 PM
Eddy G
Road Master
Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

So what do you ride?????

Just wondering???
An 04 Road Glide

And by the way. I wasn't trying to put the Street Glide down.Talking smack about the Road Glide is fine but making up stuff about why they sell or not is showing an obvious ignorance for the facts.

I'm not asking anyone to like it. Ride what you like.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:14 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: Crusher
Seems like a Street Glide invasion has hit the Touring section.
I'll ride point.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:27 PM
Eddy G
Road Master
Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: Phurion

So what do you ride?????

Just wondering???

It's what all twits ride these days.
[sm=guilty.gif]Then I guess I am a twit cuz I'd ride the hell out of that thing.

[sm=laughingsmilie.gif]and to be honest it wouldn't be the worst looking ride I've ever been on.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:33 PM
Mr Pou
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rocket Jockey

And that class, is why Harley Davidson makes so many different kinds of motorcycles.........something for everyone because everyone likes something different. So class, does that mean that if you don't ride a Road Glide you are wrong?? Well, actually that is a bad example.....never mind. Class dismissed!
When looking for a Harley, I went right to the baggers first, I love functional motorcycles that can be used for many purposes. I quickly distilled the bagger line down to the Street Glide and the Road Glide.

Road Glide: This is the logical choice, a lot of bang for the buck. Supposedly the best wind protection and the best handling.

Street Glide: This was the sexy choice, it just looks bad *** for a bagger. Yup, costly, rough riding rear suspension, crappy windshield, but bad *** looking.

In the end, I went for sexy bad *** look. I already have a logical bike, my BMW R1150RT. I've totally re-done that bike in my own image of what a sport tourer should be. It handles like a sportbike, and cuts the wind like a hot knife thru butter.

Buying a Harley wasn't about logic, it was about buying the bike that appealed to my soul, and that was the SG.

And I love it. And I'm now slowly re-doing this bike in my own image of what a bagger should be.

I also love having two VERY different rides to choose from depending on my mood, and even who I'm riding with. Horses for courses.

Those who's souls screamed "Road Glide", well good for ya too. We should all ride what flips our lid!!!

Peace,

Old 02-26-2008, 05:52 PM
krazy3
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yep, Street Glide here also. That's because I like to give away all my hard earned money. Just like when I bought my '97 Heritage Springer and it cost more than an Ultra!!

For me,I like what I like, and if I can afford it, even better.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:34 PM
Joe Mark
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HDJoe88.......... nice lawn, is that your yard behind that good looking bike???

Rocket Jocky that is one he%# of a nice looking Glide!!!

HD makes many models........ there is something that appeals to almost everyone.Shortly afterI bought my SG I wished I had bought an Ultra, now mine is more like an Ultra Lite, LOVE itbut it did take me a while to settle into it. Put only about 160 miles on today and dang it felt frigg'n GOOD to ride. There ain't an HD I would not ride beside of.. for that matter there are not many bikes I would not ride beside of... cept maybe that big Victory bagger, I have not yet figured it out, a tad too George Jetson but then again, something for everyone........... also today I picked up (again, don't ask) the best accessory HD makes, a shop manual. Ride safe folks, the super slabs are like pin ball machines! and just remember, STREET GLIDES RULE

Quick Reply: Street Glide Invasion