Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil spitting out of a/c

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 08:14 PM
lenny
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: oil spitting out of a/c

As I admitted I had slightly over filled on an oil change. I then corrected the overfill. Cold and on the kickstand on level ground the oil level is at the halfway point on the crosshatched section of the dipstick. I cleaned the air filter and went on a 300 mile ride checking periodically by running my finger tips along the bottom inside of the ac cover. When I finished the ride I noticed that I had some droplets of oil on the front of my ride saddlebag and several minutes later there was a puddle of oil at the base of the push rods directly below the ac on the engine base. I do not beat on the bike on long hauls over an open highway i will cruise 70 to 80 mph. Very frustrating and messy. I keep my scoot clean all the time and it bugs the crap out of me to have to deal with this. Someone mentioned installing an oil line breather but starting with the 07 96in they are internal. The bike is great other than this problem.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:13 PM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: oil spitting out of a/c

I haven't had the problem with my '07 UC with a AN BS. However, I did have it on my '06 WG with a SE AC. I don't fill the oil to the full mark, but rather to about 1/4 above the add mark on the dipstick. That fixed the problem and haven't had it reoccur, even riding two up on the hottest of days on a long run.