Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Center stand

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 07:47 AM
earlehd
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Center stand

Has any one used the V Twin manufacturing center stand, part #16-1600? Their price is better than any one else's.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:25 AM
Lyfer
Tourer
Default RE: Center stand

Had a center stand on a '76 Triumph. Couldn't even imagine my 190 lbs getting my 800+ lb Ultra on to the center stand.Now the dude (Sorry I forgot his name) that picks up scooters for Dillon's in Omaha could get that sucker up onto that center stand. Hell. I think he just picked up the OL's sporty and put it in the trailer last week when it was 30 below zero! BIG boy!

Old 02-24-2008, 08:35 AM
jakedog
Road Warrior

I have the Wheeldock, good product and I can put the scoot on the stand while straddling it.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:53 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: jakedog
I have the Wheeldock, good product and I can put the scoot on the stand while straddling it.
Can't do that with the HD one I have.[]

Old 02-24-2008, 10:22 AM
schoney
Tourer

If you need a center stand I have one for a 99 flhpi I took of my ride. I give it to you for the price of ups, just pm me if you want it. With mine I could stradle the bike and put it up on the stand.

Old 03-05-2008, 04:33 PM
POPPY1
Advanced

i just put a center stand from harley on my 2007 roadking.it is very secure.much different that the stand that bolts on near the oil cooler.this the most secure.if your not a mechanic have harley do it for you.when its on it is a bear to get up..but truly secure no worrys about that you can feel secure that your bike is safe.great for storage but i would not want to hassel everyday the side stand is fine for me.it keeps the back wheel off the ground.i ve found that if you roll your bike foward then back the momentum helps get the bike you.you also have extenders that can be adjust for height levels.i ve never tried the lowest level,because i want the wheel off the ground....good luck....

Old 04-01-2008, 08:12 PM
candyx
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just put on the HD center stand what a pain in the *** but it's really nice and sturdy,they could of made the stem a little longer as i have to get my foot on it just under the passenger floor board but it works while sitting on the bike.FLHX 08 would of been a really fast install but..... as usual one bolt was directly behind the right side exhaust pipe so you have to loosen the whole system to pull it far enough away to get the bolt out.Hats off to the HD designer on the great design to actually line up the one bolt directly in the center of the exhaust pipe ,but i guess you have to have at least one bolt on the bike that you can't get to ...............

Old 05-17-2008, 09:50 PM
08UC
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: schoney

If you need a center stand I have one for a 99 flhpi I took of my ride. I give it to you for the price of ups, just pm me if you want it. With mine I could stradle the bike and put it up on the stand.

just curious if you still have this? would it work on a 08 flhtcu? how much?
thanks
bob

Old 02-05-2009, 08:28 AM
Adventurer
Novice

Has anyone had experiance with the 16-1600 stand that originally started this thread? I understand the stand is now going for only $99 on http://www.debrix.com

I'm looking for a comparison between the EZ-Up as well as the Harley OEM stand.
Black Fixed Center Stand for 1987-up Harley Big Twin
SKU# 16-1600
Price: $132.34
Now $99.99

Old 02-05-2009, 08:39 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The Wheeldock is a cinch to use, even while you're still on the bike.

Quick Reply: Center stand