Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Center stand

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 06:29 PM
tima
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Twinrider
Lol... That's exactly what I was thinking. Why would anyone have both stands....
Well, when they buy the $99.00 one first to save a few clams and find out it's a pos, and then buy the Wheeldock,.....I guess they wouldn't be talking about what a dumb a$$ they were in the first place huh? Man, I'm start'n to really hate winter, gett'n grumpy!

Old 02-05-2009, 06:34 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tima
Well, when they buy the $99.00 one first to save a few clams and find out it's a pos, and then buy the Wheeldock,.....I guess they wouldn't be talking about what a dumb a$$ they were in the first place huh? Man, I'm start'n to really hate winter, gett'n grumpy!
Given where you live I love your use of the word "clams" Had to be warmer where you are by a few degrees. I road around town and the local neighborhoods and it wasn't too bad.

Oh yeah, I'm opting for the wheeldock when I save up a few "clams" myself

I'd hate to skimp on such an important piece supporting all that weight. Go to a rally, park the bike next to many others, go in and have a beer only to return to my bike that had just fell over and knocked over a hundred others. Paints an ugly picture, don't it

Last edited by JonnyD; 02-05-2009 at 06:39 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:40 PM
tima
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JonnyD
Given where you live I love your use of the word "clams" Had to be warmer where you are by a few degrees. I road around town and the local neighborhoods and it wasn't too bad.

Oh yeah, I'm opting for the wheeldock when I save up a few "clams" myself
Stayed foggy all day here, low 40's, fog chills ya to the bone. Washed the scoot, headed in to the office to cover for a co worker and it started to rain dang it! Didn't even have my full face with me and now hafta wash the scoot again! Yea, get the Wheeldock and let someone else tell ya how much the cheap one sucks.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:44 AM
vrodb
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just my 2 cents

Thanks to all my customers who have posted on this thread with their great remarks. Everyone expects the manufacturer to make these kinds of comments, but when they are made by folks who have firsthand experience it should carry a bit more weight when deciding between one version and another. This is the way I make my decisions when buying accessories or modifications for my bikes too. If I told you what I know about the knock off stands out there you would think it is just the typical stuff you are going to get from Chevy if you go ask about Ford and I have never used negative comments to sell any of my products. I do believe this simple philosophy however "good isn’t cheep and cheep isn’t good"

Amen

Old 02-08-2009, 08:52 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Let me also add that Rod's customer service is second to none.

Old 05-04-2013, 08:54 AM
Adventurer
Novice

It's been about 4 years since I purchased to 16-1600 and I've used it on 3 different Harleys ('05 FLHTCU, '05 FLHTC and '02 FLHTCU) and it worked flawlessly on all 3 bikes. While the legs do not adjust, the stand can be deployed while sitting on the bike. It does not lift the back tire off the ground but does take enough weight off the back tire that you have to nudge the bike forward a bit to get it off the stand. By the way, I see that it's now selling for $89.99 at http://www.debrix.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=16-1600

Old 07-04-2013, 11:59 PM
4shongo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Adventurer
It's been about 4 years since I purchased to 16-1600 and I've used it on 3 different Harleys ('05 FLHTCU, '05 FLHTC and '02 FLHTCU) and it worked flawlessly on all 3 bikes. While the legs do not adjust, the stand can be deployed while sitting on the bike. It does not lift the back tire off the ground but does take enough weight off the back tire that you have to nudge the bike forward a bit to get it off the stand. By the way, I see that it's now selling for $89.99 at http://www.debrix.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=16-1600
Thanks for the review. I have been wanting one of these to try.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:24 AM
my67pnycar
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Lyfer
Had a center stand on a '76 Triumph. Couldn't even imagine my 190 lbs getting my 800+ lb Ultra on to the center stand.Now the dude (Sorry I forgot his name) that picks up scooters for Dillon's in Omaha could get that sucker up onto that center stand. Hell. I think he just picked up the OL's sporty and put it in the trailer last week when it was 30 below zero! BIG boy!
Dude, I'm 5'8" 150, I can put my bike on the center stand straddling the bike or off of the bike, its not that big of a deal. As another posted stated, the HD display stand is a PITA to put on, you have to be contortionest (sp?) took me every bit of 30 minutes for a few bolts.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:55 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 668 Likes on 414 Posts

Only problem with the Wheeldock EZ Up is it doesn't lift the rear wheel off the ground. You have to place a piece of wood under it to lift the tire for checking air or cleaning. The Rivco centerstand doesn't have this problem.