Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

powered bike loader

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008 | 11:20 PM
Agent Orange
|
Cruiser
Default powered bike loader

Anyone have any experience with one of those (semi)automatic deals that load a bike in the back of a pickup??any opinions??I need to come up with a way to move my bike past my muddy driveway so I can play.

Old 02-24-2008 | 09:44 AM
dgoodbmw
Tourer
Default RE: powered bike loader

In regard to your question about auto. loaders. I have had for 2 years what is called a jet-trax, same as rampage. These units are amazing in their function and ease of loading. I doubt you could go wrong with one. They are pricey, but for the secure feeling of loading your $20 k investment, worth every penny. I have used mine only 4 times and it is like new and i could be talked into selling it for $1400, picked up. I also know of another unit avail, a little rough but functionaly great for about $800 to $1000. If you go to rampage or jettrax website you can watch demo.

Old 02-24-2008 | 10:15 AM
Doug45601
Road Master

The demo you refer to shows how easy it is to load the bike but doesn't show the unloading! I'm sure its about the same deal. I'm interested in this also but need more info on how to get the bike over the "hump" on the end of the rail!! Ride it onto it or push the bike over it... and will it hold the bike upright as soon as it gets over the "hump"..

Final issue for me is the removal of the PU tailgate and installing the rail... How about quick removal of the unit and going back to the tailgate.

I emailed rampage and never received a reply..

Old 02-24-2008 | 10:54 AM
dgoodbmw
Tourer

Its really not a big deal. What i do is ride or push the bike as far into the chock, (It swivels up and down), as far as i can, leave the bike in gear to hold it there, then i strap one side into the ring, and then the other which straightens the bike up. then i take it out of gear, When you start to let the winch do the work and the chock slides up to the front, I pin it and continue letting the winch do the work. After its fully loaded i add however many tiedowns as makes me comfy.

Old 02-24-2008 | 10:58 AM
dgoodbmw
Tourer

I forgot to talk about uloading. You just pull back on the bike till gravity takes over, then you let the winch lower it. If you have an 8ft bed, you just leave unit in bed, If a shorter bed two bolts get removed and the whole thing but for the permanent mtg bar comes out, BUT, this unit weighs around 350 to 400lbs, to heavy for one person to do.

Old 02-24-2008 | 11:05 AM
Agent Orange
|
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: dgoodbmw

In regard to your question about auto. loaders. I have had for 2 years what is called a jet-trax, same as rampage. These units are amazing in their function and ease of loading. I doubt you could go wrong with one. They are pricey, but for the secure feeling of loading your $20 k investment, worth every penny. I have used mine only 4 times and it is like new and i could be talked into selling it for $1400, picked up. I also know of another unit avail, a little rough but functionaly great for about $800 to $1000. If you go to rampage or jettrax website you can watch demo.
you say you ride or push the bike onto the trolly/wheelchock,then get off and strap it down...what holds the bike up as you get off to strap it??
If you werent so far away I might buy it from you.

Old 02-24-2008 | 11:07 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Old 02-24-2008 | 11:23 AM
dgoodbmw
Tourer

I use the sidestand, till it comes up straight, then unload sidestand.

Old 02-24-2008 | 11:39 AM
ANIMAL03
Grand HDF Member

hi agent i have one of the first rampage lifts ever made i've used it only 2 times and i'll trade it for a really good wheel chock plus the cost of shipping. .... reason you ask i find the lift total useless and it was a wast of $3500 bucks that i could have put into the motor of my bike.

Old 02-24-2008 | 12:07 PM
modes
Road Master

How long is your drive way. I am sure you could get a nice landscape trailer and condor type wheel chock for less the the bed mounted loader and still be able to use it for other stuff.

Adam

Quick Reply: powered bike loader