Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

comparisons honda and victory v harley

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 02:11 PM
Gordy 66
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: comparisons honda and victory v harley

What Uncle Scrooge said.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:37 PM
Yokel99
Cruiser

I like reading the comparisons but I highly doubt a journalist would sway my opinion. Jap bikes fall short in asthetics and there's way too much plastic chrome. My buddy rides a Victory and at 1st glance, the styling is OK but the more you look, the worse it gets compared to a Harley. Even the custom parts look like they belong on a tractor.

I think Harley does a great job of adding as much technology as they can without detracting from the classic good looks, sound and feel of a 'real' motorcycle.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:41 PM
Cache
Tourer

Get what you enjoy riding whether it be aHD, Victory, or a Wing.

They all serve their purposes depending on what yourlooking to achieve.

There's nothing wrong with any of those bikes.

It's all in your style and comfort!

Old 02-24-2008, 02:51 PM
1Harleyrdr
Road Captain

BUELL, BUELL,BUELL,BUELL, BUELL.
I THINK IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY THEY TRY TO LOOK LIKE THE YAMAHA R-6 AND R-1 REALLY HARD. CHECK OUT THE HEAD LIGHTS OF THE 08 BUELL AND A 06 R-6

Old 02-24-2008, 02:53 PM
angelina78
Cruiser

I'm not too sure or convinced the Vrod is a Jap knock off. As I look at it, the Vrod seems pretty unique albeit with a sport bike nod.

Old 02-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Badfinger
Road Master

Here's are some observations I've made and I don't know that they have any real meaning or value but they're interesting. I'm an Operations Managerat a factory and we created a motorcycle parking area near my office just about 50 feet away frommy window. Yes, I know that was very thoughtful of me to do that. Anyway, about half or maybe a little less of the bikes are Harley's and rest a metric mix. Probably 90% of the bikes have altered or loud pipes and one VTX 1800 and one road King are ungodly loud.

I've noticed over the last couple of yearsthat some riders get off work at the same time and others wander out at somewhat staggered times. Ihold shift meetings at the beginning and end of everyshift and there is always a group of people in my office. The meetings are informal and some managers choose to stand as they only last a short time. You can draw any or no conclusionsfrom these actions however they are consistent.

Motorcycle observations:

When a crotch rocket starts up heads will turn or **** to listen and someone may stretch their neck to take a peek at who or what it is and then get back on subject.

When a loud twin metric bike starts a few guys may stand and look to see what or who it is and sit back down.

When a Harley starts up some will go to their feet, look, and if they're not involved in the immediate discussion, will walk to the window and usually watch it go all the way out of the parking lot.

You can't make this stuff up, it's true.

Ride well,

Jim

Old 02-24-2008, 04:43 PM
2003flhtci
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Badfinger

Motorcycle observations:

When a crotch rocket starts up heads will turn or **** to listen and someone may stretch their neck to take a peek at who or what it is and then get back on subject.

When a loud twin metric bike starts a few guys may stand and look to see what or who it is and sit back down.

When a Harley starts up some will go to their feet, look, and if they're not involved in the immediate discussion, will walk to the window and usually watch it go all the way out of the parking lot.

You can't make this stuff up, it's true.

Ride well,

Jim
Great post, Jim. I've been riding for 43+ years, owned all kinds and varieties of motorcycles (29 so far). Only 3 have been Harleys. I only have my 'Glide now, but almost every time I go riding, some non-rider comments on it. Sometimes it's a cage driver giving me a thumbs-up and a big grin. More often it's someone who stops next to me at a traffic light, rolls down their window, and says "That's a nice bike, man!" or words to that effect. Most often it's somebody who approachs me in a parking lot and tells me what a great bike it is. If it's a guy (most women don't comment, they just look), they'll say something nice and then stand there and stare at it, or walk all around checking it out...never had even one who just said it was nice and then immediately walked away. And most of the older guys (like me, 50s or 60s) get this kind of wistful look in their eyes, and they'll say something like "Man, I always wanted a Harley...what a nice bike. I wish I'd gotten one when I was young enough..."

I usually tell them that if they still feel it, they're still young enough.

I've always kept all my bikes in showroom condition. Once in a great while, maybe a dozen times over 30+ years and 26 other bikes, someone would tell me I had a nice bike. With the Harley it's more often than not. And as you pointed out, this ain't made up, it happens almost every time I go anywhere on my Harley.

Old 02-24-2008, 04:57 PM
2094life
2nd Gear

buy american! the job you save might be your own!!!!

Old 02-24-2008, 11:27 PM
HDChloe
Road Captain

My wife and I wenttook our HDs toYellowstone last year. Every single time we stopped for gas we had someone come over to us; EVERY TIME!They would simply look at our bikes or make a nice comment. People seem to open us in a very friendly way. Heck, people smiled and waved as we went down the highway too. When you are in a car that simply does not happen.

Now, when is the last time someone went up to a crotch rocket and looked at like it like it was their dream? Exactly!

BTW: I wave at every single type of two-wheel bike there is;they are all family in my eyes so I am not knocking anyone. Just my observations from the road.

Old 02-25-2008, 12:17 AM
Mississippi Bagger
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A LARGE part of the joy of riding is the indefinable "feel" and "sound" of a Harley.

If anything else ever came close, then I would have to examine the other factors mentioned above.

Don't get me wrong, I have had 10's of thousands of hours of fun on metrics, and a Norton 750. On ALL the metrics I was always looking for the day I would have a Harley.

On the Norton, I would forget about having the Harley for long periods of time. It had a soul, but it was still a stepping stone.

Quick Reply: comparisons honda and victory v harley