Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HDF UNDISPUTED "Big Block" BAGGER?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 11:45 AM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: HDF's BADDEST BAGGER?

ORIGINAL: xgliderx

Now that's some kick-*** POWER!
Bounty Hunter is back Man you are really sick...with the PM's and all.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:45 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default RE: HDF UNDISPUTED "Big Block" BAGGER?

Spring is in the air,and the roads are horrible,hear in the NorthEast.That being said, prompted me into installing a set of Progressive 440's.It is said they are the best for smoothing out the horror we are facing this spring.Any of you that live in this neck of the woods,give a shout.Dog

Old 03-23-2008, 12:37 AM
shipdog
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like that seat, What kind is it???

Old 03-24-2008, 07:59 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member

Actually Shipdog,I had to change the seat to a pillowtop.A couple of times with the seat pictured on the bike, under hard acceration ended up against the license plate.I believe it is off a RK Standard.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:14 AM
stimul8ing guy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Friday night I was at a stop light after a dinner ride with some couples, a small truck pulls up and someone yells...do a wheelie! Well, wouldn't he have been surprised if I had dogs power!....and can you imagine the looks on the faces of the guys on crotch rockets he comes up on!

Nice power!

Old 04-19-2008, 10:08 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member

Finally able to ride with snow almost gone.Did the last carb jet change,just what the motor needed,cool weather starts and idle are now dailed in.Also installed a set of Progressive 440's because of all the road damage this winter.They do the trick.The 155" is breaking in,jockeying the throttle has to be done with some thought of the road conditions ahead.Rowing up through the gears the other day,the front end just skimming the ground,a left hand sweeper almost put me into the woods.Pistol Pete at R&R ,warned me about learning how toride this beast,the rate of acceleration is decieving.Dog

Old 04-19-2008, 09:51 PM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: dog155

Actually Shipdog,I had to change the seat to a pillowtop.A couple of times with the seat pictured on the bike, under hard acceration ended up against the license plate.I believe it is off a RK Standard.
I think you'll find it's a seat off of a RK Classic, I have one if you want to buy one let me know.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:18 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dog155

Finally able to ride with snow almost gone.Did the last carb jet change,just what the motor needed,cool weather starts and idle are now dailed in.Also installed a set of Progressive 440's because of all the road damage this winter.They do the trick.The 155" is breaking in,jockeying the throttle has to be done with some thought of the road conditions ahead.Rowing up through the gears the other day,the front end just skimming the ground,a left hand sweeper almost put me into the woods.Pistol Pete at R&R ,warned me about learning how toride this beast,the rate of acceleration is decieving.Dog
Cool...

Can I come take it for a ride Dog. We'll trade for the day ok? Something tells me you'll be able to keep me in sitewith my SG just so you know I'm not thrashing on it too hard.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:30 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member

Actually Glideman, it would be a lot more fun for you to ride beside me you on yours,me on mine,since we both know our own machines.Then you would be able to witness first hand what the 155" can do.Or if youever get a chance stop at the R&R shop and try out one of the Bourget mules with a 155". Maybe you better not,you will want one.Dog

Old 04-29-2008, 08:15 AM
Gem99Ultra
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HDF UNDISPUTED "Big Block" BAGGER?

I don't suppose Wofgang Grasser's 171 hp 98" Harley that won at the Daytona Horsepower Shootout this year counts? He, of course, has won his class 4 times in 4 try's there.See dyno results on Wood's Performance site:

http://www.woodcarbs.com/daytona21.htm