Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HDF UNDISPUTED "Big Block" BAGGER?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 07:22 PM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: HDF's BADDEST BAGGER?

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

D175,,,,,,LOOKIN GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I read the nice complement, then saw who said it and fell otta my chair[sm=pcwhack.gif]..electaRick being nice[sm=confused06.gif]?? Whats this world coming to!!Thanks Ricky!! DOG155's ride rocks!!! It's got that interior beauty...[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 02-24-2008, 07:44 PM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks Etrader, for posting the pics of the 155" and to all the rest of you as well.It did take a lot of years building bikes to finally realize the only way to ever get what I was looking for was go all out.This bike only needs one more carb jet change to finish the tuneup,everything else is worked out.Lyndall brakes takes care of bringing the speed down in a hurry.The Transmission is a Zippers modified 5 speed,final gearing is 2:05.The exhaust is stepped 2" out to 2 1/2" with custom built Stainless mufflers.The pipes are also tuned as per R&R.Finally, want to say that the R&R gang were great during the dailin phase,I was on the phone with them a lot making sure the tune was right.Dog

Old 02-24-2008, 08:27 PM
capt775
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awsome engine. I like the looks of the bike, clean, simple, power. I can only imaging the internal mods that had to be made with those jugs.

P.S. Did I tell ya'll that I put a 1200 kit on my 03 883 Custom. Boy did it scream!

Old 02-24-2008, 09:42 PM
DZLDR
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

everytime I start reading threads and see cwilks avatar, I totaly loose focus on what I was reading about.
I now have a sudden urge to order a beer and pull out a dollar bill.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:22 PM
onlythebest
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: FastHarley

ORIGINAL: onlythebest

I may not have that much HP and TQ but when I add my trask turbo to my pocket rocketI will be looking at 16HP and 22TQ and I bet I'll have better throttle response than that fugly lookin sled!I'll bet you can't outrun my radar gun!
fugly lookin sled!
In response I personally wish to interject: I believe everyone has their own idea of what they like in a bike. That is what making riding a Harley so great. What might be good for one might not be good for another.

DOG155 has been riding for quite some time and has refined his taste to what he likes. He is older and mature and I am sure he has done his dumb tricks we all do at 17 years old. I guess with maturity one develops the skills required to ride a fine piece of machinery like he has created. He did not put on a store bought set of wheels, have someone paint his bike, and throw on some chrome covers and performance hampering accessories. Dog155 is evidently not interested in a bike like the aforementioned. He built the bike for the road. I have never heard him say one ill word (in the year I have been a member of this forum) other to offer help, he has never disrespected any members with bikes that are not performance oriented (which he has succeeded in achieving).

I'll bet you can't outrun my radar gun!
Maybe Dog155 has no need to operate his motorcycle in an unsafe manor to warrant a radar gun being pointed at him. I have had the privilege of speaking with him on a few occasions and he is a stellar Harley enthusiast. He has been doing this motorcycle thing longer than you personally been alive, judging by your age in your photograph. I am sure he has passed more radar guns and speed traps in his decades or riding. His riding privileges are currently in tact as proof.

I believe everyone should ride the bike of their dreams. One's dream is another nightmare. I only dream of a 200ci Turbo in my bagger.
WoW that was deep! Take it easy there.....I was only playing around, thats what the is for so you know I was joking.
Was bored and decided to spice it up! By the way I dont have a radar gun, gave it up years ago! Nice build and yes nothing compares to it. It's definetly a sleeper!

Wish mine had that raw power!
Whats wrong with my Pocket Rocket?
Thanks for the age comment I turned 40 last year. Been riding bikes since I got my first one in 1975

Old 02-24-2008, 10:23 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great numbers. I have had the pleasure of speaking with Reg before, and what a wealth of knowledge the guy is.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:29 PM
Trucky911
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts

ORIGINAL: Geoff

Extreme power is great, but can you knock down 500-mile days with reliability?
Will his rear tire last 500 miles??? ...........

Trucky911

Old 02-25-2008, 08:04 AM
shortfatboy
Banned

anyone not impressed by the big engine/power is just plain jealous...sure, we don't need to go too fast, but You'd be lying if You said that kind of power wouldn't be a thrill...
and to answer the question of the original post:
I would bet my $ on it!!!

Old 02-25-2008, 09:39 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Engine
Liquid Cooled Aluminum Block V-8
Horsepower
425@5750 rpm[/align]Torque
425 Ft.Lbs. @ 4750 rpm[/align]