Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XXX- Crossbones-XXXX

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008 | 11:01 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: XXX- Crossbones-XXXX

ORIGINAL: Detro996

I'll tell you something funny, after having given up sportbikes the last two years and having a son raised on them. I've been trying to talk my 18 yr old into some sort of cruiser / Harley to no avail. I was showing him the magazine the other night and waspointing out that Carey Hart loved his Road King and the next thing I know he is totally flipping out over the Crossbones. I thought he was kidding. I had to keep asking him what he liked about it and he just kept saying it is awesome / cool. This is a kid that has had a GSXR 600 at 14 and then a GSXR 1000 and can tell you the name of every GP rider and or AMA Superbike rider. In addition he has been offered a VROD and has not shown the least little bit of interest.Maybe Harley is looking for a younger crowd with this bike. Needless to say I plan on taking him down to the dealer and letting him check one out.
If he won't go, take me.......Dad.

Old 02-23-2008 | 11:33 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: UltraKla$$ic

I'll tell you something funny, after having given up sportbikes the last two years and having a son raised on them. I've been trying to talk my 18 yr old into some sort of cruiser / Harley to no avail. I was showing him the magazine the other night and was pointing out that Carey Hart loved his Road King and the next thing I know he is totally flipping out over the Crossbones. I thought he was kidding. I had to keep asking him what he liked about it and he just kept saying it is awesome / cool. This is a kid that has had a GSXR 600 at 14 and then a GSXR 1000 and can tell you the name of every GP rider and or AMA Superbike rider. In addition he has been offered a VROD and has not shown the least little bit of interest. Maybe Harley is looking for a younger crowd with this bike. Needless to say I plan on taking him down to the dealer and letting him check one out.

damn it ultra, you beat me to it

Old 02-23-2008 | 11:49 AM
Detro996
Cruiser

I'll tell you something funny, after having given up sportbikes the last two years and having a son raised on them. I've been trying to talk my 18 yr old into some sort of cruiser / Harley to no avail. I was showing him the magazine the other night and waspointing out that Carey Hart loved his Road King and the next thing I know he is totally flipping out over the Crossbones. I thought he was kidding. I had to keep asking him what he liked about it and he just kept saying it is awesome / cool. This is a kid that has had a GSXR 600 at 14 and then a GSXR 1000 and can tell you the name of every GP rider and or AMA Superbike rider. In addition he has been offered a VROD and has not shown the least little bit of interest.Maybe Harley is looking for a younger crowd with this bike. Needless to say I plan on taking him down to the dealer and letting him check one out.

I hear ya guys, but believe me I've found it is worth the money to have your kids want to hangout with you more than their friends. I' think it saves money in the long run.

Old 02-23-2008 | 10:31 PM
atexn4christ
Road Master

I rode one today at the dealer they had demo rides. I did not like the seat but the bars felt real comfortable. Its handles better than the Rocker C I rode. The thing I didn't like about the Softails was that at idle the engine don't shake. I prefered the Dyna Street Bob over all the bikes I rode today.

Old 02-23-2008 | 10:48 PM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member

I hear ya guys, but believe me I've found it is worth the money to have your kids want to hangout with you more than their friends. I' think it saves money in the long run.
All true,

My 19 year old is crazy about the "Nightster", he did not have any great impression of the "Crossbones",

I would much rather have my sonon a Harley over a "crotch rocket" any day,

Especially if he drives like me,

Old 02-23-2008 | 11:42 PM
VicDawg
Cruiser

I sat on one last week. I'm older, so it reminds me about the stuff we used to do to bikes a long time ago. It felt good to sit on and they got the old school look pretty dead on. As soon as my rich uncle gets out of the poor house, I'm buying one!

Old 02-24-2008 | 12:10 AM
Kasper
Tourer

Went to the dealer today with my wife and a friend met me there..........saw the Rocker and the Bones in person........all 3 of us agreed that we don't like either one. I still stand by my opinion on both bikes.....[sm=badidea.gif][sm=smiley21.gif]

Old 02-24-2008 | 06:08 AM
06BlackFLHXI
Tourer

Went to a bike show yesterday in Montreal ,Canada and saw for the first time the Rocker and Crossbone. Both have a certain appeal. The rockerC is not bad looking, if you remove the stock pipes and put some big radius style ones on , maybe not bad. my wife looked at that seat and laughed.

The Xbones i found looked pretty good, seat was a bit hard for my taste, but a nice old school look. It would appeal to a younger crow and the bar hoppers, i couldnt see my self pounding 400 miles a day on that bike

Old 02-24-2008 | 06:36 AM
FlankerUSMV M/C
Stage II

It seems to me, all they did was take a springer, threw a different models rear fender on it and a new seat...and there ya go......basically a basic softtail with a different seat. I think the MOCO is trying to sell a custom bike out ofthe box, I don't know if it is working or not, but for me, these newer "custom or old school" looking bikes didn't hit the mark.

Old 02-24-2008 | 06:37 AM
badinfluence63
Banned

I think it is suppose to look like this?

Quick Reply: XXX- Crossbones-XXXX