Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XXX- Crossbones-XXXX

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008 | 06:02 AM
White Knight 04
Road Master
Default RE: XXX- Crossbones-XXXX

Nope!!!!!![:@][:@][:@][:@]

Old 02-23-2008 | 06:06 AM
OnTheFence
Tourer

ORIGINAL: OldPhat

Am I the only one who remebers life befor Jap bikes? We would cut fenders with a hacksaw, get a head light from an old Ford tractor because it was small. We took off all parts that didn't make the bike run, and 16 inch tires were what we had. You never went to a shop to buy a seat, you cut down the seat on the bike and redid it yourself. Paint another story, put it in your oven to bake your paint on. I rember the late 40's 50's 60's you worked with what you had and run the hell out of it until something broke.
So, in your opinion did HD get it right? Certainly in comparison to all other modern day machines, this one looksdated. But, according to their own admission, they were trying to duplicate what others were doing back then. To me it looks cool. But I con't know whether they captured the essence of the Choppers or Bobbers of old.

Old 02-23-2008 | 06:08 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

We have a XBone and a Rocker C on the showroom floor and I think both are smoking HOT. Good looking bikes and I applaud Harley Davidson for bringing these bikes to the cycle world.[sm=smiley32.gif]

Both definitely win hands down against the competition in the aesthetics department, IMO. All these 2 bikes have to do is show up at a gathering and all eyes are on 'em.

Old 02-23-2008 | 07:28 AM
CFDgrunt
Cruiser

Pretty cool lookin scoot

Old 02-23-2008 | 07:43 AM
Jeff Dodson
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: leohd

nice bike, full fender on back would look better JMO

I totally agree, in fact the rear fender is the ONLY thing I dont like about it !!!

Old 02-23-2008 | 08:03 AM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member

Yes Fence it looks old school, with the P&A book a little work it can be ithe ball park. Everyone has their own look in mine, and they will make it their own. It's a good start.

Old 02-23-2008 | 08:29 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

I like it, maybe a 4th bike if I could fit it in my garage.

Old 02-23-2008 | 08:43 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member

I'd like the bike a lot more if it had a smallerfront tire.

Old 02-23-2008 | 09:56 AM
Detro996
Cruiser

I'll tell you something funny, after having given up sportbikes the last two years and having a son raised on them. I've been trying to talk my 18 yr old into some sort of cruiser / Harley to no avail. I was showing him the magazine the other night and waspointing out that Carey Hart loved his Road King and the next thing I know he is totally flipping out over the Crossbones. I thought he was kidding. I had to keep asking him what he liked about it and he just kept saying it is awesome / cool. This is a kid that has had a GSXR 600 at 14 and then a GSXR 1000 and can tell you the name of every GP rider and or AMA Superbike rider. In addition he has been offered a VROD and has not shown the least little bit of interest.Maybe Harley is looking for a younger crowd with this bike. Needless to say I plan on taking him down to the dealer and letting him check one out.

Old 02-23-2008 | 10:52 AM
NJOYINIT
6th Gear

after seeing one in person I was very impressed ...like most it isnt very good looking bike on paper or pics but damn in person....screams for apes though!
cant wait to see what someone can do to one!

Quick Reply: XXX- Crossbones-XXXX