Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer offered me paint sealer for only $400

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 08:07 PM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dealer offered me paint sealer for only $400

Tell him OK and pay him with Monopoly Money... Tell him Fake Money for Fake BS...
I've been told you can use it in some of them tittie bars too!!

Old 02-20-2008, 08:08 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,880 Likes on 22,765 Posts

Would that be Deluxe in Casper WY?

Old 02-20-2008, 08:09 PM
candyx
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to a different dealer,Brians in Pa. gets $500.00 per bike for that so called wax.I was there to buy a bike three weeks ago and i asked the salemans for a bike that didn't have their special sealer on it, needless to say he walked away from me.I left there and went to Tramontin in Hope NJ and brought the bike without the special coating,its just a gimmick for the dealer to get a free $400.00 from the buyer for something you can see or touch.The salesman in Pa. told me it prevents the swirl marks from washing the bike,i told him i just sold my bike after four years and the paint was as good as the day it was new.I never wash my bike i just rub it with a diaper and cleaner with wax, maybe if you run your bike through the car wash a few hundred times a season or you drop your sponge in the stones when your washing your bike you might wind up with swirl marks.Save your money and put it towards custom paint!

Old 02-20-2008, 08:14 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As the others said....bull droppings!

Old 02-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

It's called "WAX" and you can buy a much better wax for a lot less. Try Zaino Brothers wax, best stuff I have ever used!!
http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...ory_Code=Zaino

Old 02-20-2008, 08:21 PM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,872 Likes on 9,333 Posts

Ok, ok pass up the paint sealer, but be sure to ask for the enriched air in the tires. This time of year it should cost less because it keeps longer in the cold.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:47 PM
TN Houndog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 197 Likes on 116 Posts

Some VERY wise person once said "A fool and his money are soon parted". That's sort of how I view this paint sealer, Nitrogen filled tires, and other such nonsense. The only one benefiting from such purchases is the dealer! Buy a GOOD quality wax and use it regularly! It'll take care of all the swirl marks, UV ray deterioration, and whatever else some shyster salesman can come up with.

BTW, The air we breathe contains about 80% Nitrogen, and unless you fill a tire in a complete vacuum you won't up that percentage very much as someair will remain in an uninflated tire. The reason Nascar teams use Nitrogen is it doesn't contain moisture and that moisture content is what causes a more rapid air pressure buildup in their tires. (been there, done that)

Old 02-20-2008, 09:11 PM
CasperHD
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's awesome. I think I'll bring some Monopoly money in! Can you imagine the look on a salesman's face?

ORIGINAL: Richard

Tell him OK and pay him with Monopoly Money... Tell him Fake Money for Fake BS...
I've been told you can use it in some of them tittie bars too!!

Old 02-20-2008, 09:14 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Well, everybody got this one right.

Now for sure it won't hurt your bike so if you have $400 that you don't need and cannot think of anything else to do with the money you might as well get the paint sealer.

If it was me, I would buy the $6.25 eight oz. bottle of Harley Glaze Polish and Sealant and apply it myself. I have a vivid black 12 year old bike that has never had anything but Harley Glaze put on it and it looks like new. I wash the bike, apply the glaze with my finger tips and buff it off with a soft cloth when dry. Has worked for me for twelve years doing it about twice a year. Just sayin'.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Ridewva
Grand HDF Member
Received 397 Likes on 222 Posts

Don't forget the "fabric protection", and prep, and the "doc fee".......No wonder dealers get a bad name, they *earn* it.

Quick Reply: Dealer offered me paint sealer for only $400