Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP PLEASE... After Market Radio and CD

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 09:22 PM
hdman
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP PLEASE... After Market Radio and CD

I need information on a GOOD after market Radio and CD player for a EGlide std. Any recommendations? Thanks Forum members...... hdman
PS I think this subject is in this Forum SOMEWHERE?????

Old 01-24-2006, 09:53 PM
MACK
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: HELP PLEASE... After Market Radio and CD

go to eglidegoodies.com

Old 01-24-2006, 10:00 PM
hdman
Road Captain

Thanks MACK I will...... I have found places to buy, but what I really need, and I guess I didn't make that too clear in my request are people who actually have radios and CDs in there Glides and can make a personal thumbs UP or DOWN. Thanks again hdman

Old 01-24-2006, 10:10 PM
Tailbreaker
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 9 Posts

If you dont care about being able to use the handlebar controls, it is real easy to install any aftermarket cd stereo in an Electraglide, and a whole lot cheaper!

Old 01-24-2006, 10:42 PM
89FLHT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 83 Posts

I definitly agree with the above statement. I went with a Pioneer am/fm/ cd /mp3 player with with 2 J&M speakers in the stock location and 2 Extra J&M speakers custome mounted in my fairing for 300 bucks.

Whatever stereo you get make sure that it plays mp3's nativly off of a burned cd. MP3's are much more tolerant of vibration and bumps than CD formatted disks. (encode/decode algorithim of mp3 accounts for more latency vs. CD).

At the time, the decks available were only available with integrated MOFSET based AMP's. My unit provides 4x50wat chanels, but in real life provides much less output. It works good out on the highway, but I do plan to replace the head unit with one of the new units that has Triad (sp?) based amp technology, Sony currently makes them and the units draw less amps and generate more watts for the speakers.

Hooking up the stereo unit is not hard, one wire to ground, one wire to the battery positive post, one battery tied into the orange accessory wire of of the ignition switch.

If you decide that you want to have the integrated hand controls, you can get the switch housings and wiring pigtails from HD and buy affordable, well featured SONY and Pioneer stereos that will work with the HD controls from Biketronics.com.

Old 01-25-2006, 11:48 PM
hdman
Road Captain

Thanks guys for the good info. hdman.....

Old 01-26-2006, 02:09 AM
PriestFan
Road Captain

hdman,

I have a 03 standard and I used a Biketronics kit which is compatible with Sony systems. The Biketronics set up lets you use the handlebar controls. It is all plug and play. NO splicing. I use Hawg Tunes speakers, also. The Biketronics kit is $199, the Sony 5710 deck is $199, and I believe the Hog Tunes speakers are around $100. A gentleman who I believe posts some on this site named Pez sells the speakers. He is a very good guy to do business with. The speakers have a 20 year warranty on them, and from what I've heard others say, if you have any problems Pez takes care of you. Biketronics is also a great company to do business with. I love the system and it took less than 2 hours to install. I also run a Sirius One satellite radio with my bike. I couldn't be happier with this set-up, and all together I have just under $600 invested in the whole thing. Hope this helps.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6673/88BEBFCF0DFB46D083527F7E8A36AE6B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-26-2006, 02:29 AM
Bushy
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I found Biketronics to be best, my 03 standard had a kicking sony cd/mp3 player. all the controls worked off the hd harness, plug and play, Mike hooked me up nice
[/quote]

Old 01-26-2006, 12:26 PM
Danester
Road Master

What about the rain? I've been toying with an aftermarket stereo thought too...but wondered what you do when you ride in the rain?

Old 01-26-2006, 09:10 PM
PriestFan
Road Captain

Danester,

The Biketronics kit comes with a clear, plastic cover that wraps around the radio before you install it in the fairing. You can also get a clear, plastic face plate that has a frame around it, and it fits snuggle into the radio opening and covers the front of the radio. I was told that it will keep water off of the front of the radio. I've not ridden in any rain yet, so I can't say for sure. But, the face plate does look like it should do the job.

Quick Reply: HELP PLEASE... After Market Radio and CD