Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mutazu Tourpac Mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 06:37 PM
Aslan
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mutazu Tourpac Mods

ORIGINAL: Mississippi Bagger

ORIGINAL: Aslan

It looks good.
Is there a big $avings over the HD?
Did you have to use HD mounting hardware ot does Mutazu have there own for Harleys?
Huge savings! It is a smaller trunk than the HD, but I think the smaller one looks better on the RK anyway.

Tour pac with standard backrest $110 http://mutazu.com/products.php?cat_i...amp;s=prod.php

Wrap around back rest $69 http://mutazu.com/products.php?s=pro...g=IMG_0523.JPG

It comes with mounting hardware that will work on the standard HD fixed rack or the detachable rack.

I did not use the hardware they sent. I picked up a couple of galvanized steel plates from Home Depot and used them to mount to the HD fixed rack. That added about $10 to the total cost.

Thanks for the information. It sounds very good to me.

Old 02-20-2008, 06:45 PM
Fire76wolf
Cruiser

I am really interested in getting one of these, it would cost me $1000 for HD tourpak painted to match my bike with the hardware and the moounting bracket all together for this one would be about 300 painted to match

Old 02-20-2008, 07:29 PM
agapsdiver
Road Master
Received 132 Likes on 57 Posts

Bought one lastNov. for a trip I'm taking out to the GrandCanyon. I'll have to look at the LED's ...good price.
I had to modify mine to open sideways sinceI have a
back rest I like...

Check pics below...

Last edited by agapsdiver; 03-29-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:54 PM
ben67zl1
Cruiser

Agapsdiver how about telling all about changing the hinges to side ,source of hinges and locks great change and it keeps you out of the street

Old 02-20-2008, 08:22 PM
dancing bear
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice MB.I hope you spent the 500 you saved on nice bonus!!!

Old 02-20-2008, 10:06 PM
Mississippi Bagger
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: BillinNY

I'm liking the Matazu Tourpac more and more, I think it looks great on your bike. Is the backrest pad made by Matazu also? The one on their website has button; your doesn't appear to have the buttons.
Yes, I got the wrap around backrest from mutaza also....$69. Mine does NOT have the buttons. When I called I asked them for one without, and they sent it.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:17 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I think it looks really good. I have a rk custom, in black pearl, and they now make them in my color... If you get the time, I would like a couple more shots of your bike from different angles... Like both side views, front/top view, and rear view... If you have them... don't go to any trouble... thanks

Also, you said that you attacted it to the rack... do you mean it is not a detachable rack, but one of those regular racks for holding bags? If so, that seems like a better idea... that way, if I want a rack, without the pak, or with the pack on, I am covered both ways...

Old 02-21-2008, 11:39 AM
agapsdiver
Road Master
Received 132 Likes on 57 Posts

OK.. I bought all the HD OEM hinge hardware thinking it would work.As you can see in the second photo I had the straighten out the top hinge and plug the bottom holes and drilled two new holes where it was straightened. (Orange figure original hinge shape with yellow orig. rivet locations.) Last photo shows how I braced the inside to strengthen rivets. First photo shows completed installation. The Latch/lock was moved and installed without a problem.

I plan to paint entire pac and hinges the color of my bike so that should hide the plugged hinge holes....
My plan was mainly to have functional luggage that looked ok, but did not buy the pac as a perminant fixture... just to use on trips... but I think after painting the entire pac the hinges will look better and the entire pac should look quite good. My bike is the 100 anniversary gunmetal pearl (blue) which color was not available from Mutazu.

Attached Thumbnails  Mutazu Tourpac Mods-img_1_s.jpg    Mutazu Tourpac Mods-img_2_s.jpg    Mutazu Tourpac Mods-img_3_s.jpg  

Last edited by agapsdiver; 03-29-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:04 PM
Mississippi Bagger
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: PapaTravis

I think it looks really good. I have a rk custom, in black pearl, and they now make them in my color... If you get the time, I would like a couple more shots of your bike from different angles... Like both side views, front/top view, and rear view... If you have them... don't go to any trouble... thanks

Also, you said that you attacted it to the rack... do you mean it is not a detachable rack, but one of those regular racks for holding bags? If so, that seems like a better idea... that way, if I want a rack, without the pak, or with the pack on, I am covered both ways...

Thank you PapaTravis.

I finally got my photo gallery set up...will be posting some pics in there over the next few days.

Before the tourpak I had a HD passenger backrest and detachable luggage rack. I was able to sell that for close to $400. That almost completely paid for my entire tourpak set up.

Since I was not interesting in using a detachable set-up for the tourpak, I got the hardware that comes standard on the Ultra for the tourpak mount. There are a couple dozen pieces that make this up, but it all added up to around $170. No modifications were needed to bolt it right on to the RK.

The Mutazu could be bolted right on to a luggage type rack, but since I do not plan on removing the pak, I did not go that route.

Sorry for any confusion.

Have Fun!

Old 02-21-2008, 06:04 PM
casique
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

MB can you fit one or two full face helmets in there?

Quick Reply: Mutazu Tourpac Mods