Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Seat

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 10:18 AM
brinks13081
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mustang Seat

I'm thinking about getting a Mustang solo seat for my Road King. Anyone out there have experience with this seat. I can't stand the stock seat and I want something comfortable and I've heard good things about the Mustang. Another question I have is, does the solo seat match the stock passenger seat if you get the studs. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Old 01-24-2006, 10:28 AM
carsoni
Tourer
Default RE: Mustang Seat

I dont know first hand about the mustang, one guy i ride with had one on a dyna and loved it. i recently put the sundowner on my road king and it's like a different bike. i really like the look and ride. plus, the driver backrest is great on long rides even though my wife says it looks stupid. good luck

Old 01-24-2006, 10:29 AM
Older Guy
Tourer

I had one on my ultra,both front and rear with the exstended arm rests. It was studded and matched perfectly. It did raise me up about 1in but was the best ride I ever had.l I looked at all the after market seats and none could compare with mustang. I think you would be happy with it. Pricey but worth it.
Bandit

Old 01-24-2006, 11:15 AM
navyman
Road Master

I have the Mustang on my RK and have been very happy with it.

Old 01-24-2006, 11:17 AM
spartns
Road Master

First, welcome to the forum. The Mustang is a great seat. I had one on my last bike. Do a search on seats and you'll find that about 98% here prefer the Sundowner over the rest. It is the best seat for the money. It costs less and you can ride all day and still be ready for a few more miles. Whatever you get, get the backrest, it's worth it.

Chris

Old 01-24-2006, 11:21 AM
rvisdew
Road Master

I'm looking at the Mustang solo as well (with removable backrest) and the passenger seat. Heard lots of good things about them, but have never tried one out. There's lots of happy folks with the Sundowner, but the solo doesn't have a backrest ...

Old 01-24-2006, 01:41 PM
06glide
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed a solo seat for my SG. I bought this seat through MandM, It raised me up just a bit, but it feels comfortable to me

https://www.hdforums.com/m_242715/tm.htm

Old 01-24-2006, 01:47 PM
DDDeepdiver
Cruiser

I have a Mustang on my Road King and it is great..... Two of my friends have Sundowner seats and really like them also.

Old 01-24-2006, 01:52 PM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I put a Mustang Touring seat on my RK Classic. I can't compare it to anything but the stock seat, that's all I've had on the bike. It's a great improvement over the stock seat. It raised me up a bit, 1" or maybe a little less. For me (6' tall) it put me where I wanted to be in relation to the top of the windshield, before the seat I was thinking I may need to trim it down a little.

My wife had two comments on the seat. First was "You paid how much for that?". After the first ride she said no matter what it cost, it was worth it.

Bought it from West End Motorsports, good company to deal with. Price was good and I had the seat in 4 days.

Old 01-24-2006, 01:55 PM
brinks13081
Cruiser

The Sundowner is definately less expensive and a lot of folks seem to like it. My questions is does the Sundowner raise you up at all like the Mustang seems to?

Quick Reply: Mustang Seat