Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 09:39 PM
300potato
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speakers

What is a good replacement for the factory front and rear speakers? Are they a special size or can you get them most anywhere? Mine seem to sound distorted at about 1/2 volume.
Thanks

Old 02-18-2008, 10:03 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Speakers

Pioneers or Polk audio. 5 1/4 speaker you can get anywhere.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:05 PM
mystgld
Tourer

I think ARC Audio's work and sound very well

Old 02-18-2008, 10:07 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

300 potato ,,,,,,

some say I am a little biased ,,, and of course I am ,,,,,

but in my opinion ,,, the J&M's are the best you will find as far as audio output at speed and able to go full volume without distortion ,,,,

you can view them on J&M's website ,,, or contact J&M on their toll free # for complete purchase/shipping information ,,,,,

we DO appreciate your business ,,,,, JMJOHN ,,, john@jmcorp.com ,,,,,

Old 02-18-2008, 10:42 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member

The Pioneer 5.25" coaxial speakers are awesome, but don't forget about the Inifinty Kapas, Hogtunes, and the JBL GTO's. Truth be known, there are many great speakers around so i'd advise you to go and have a lsten to some of them at a car audio dealer and pick what sounds best to you. Most major brands make a 5.25" speaker that will fit within your fairing andmost will holdup to any weather condition as well. Trick is getting one with a high efficiency rating of 92db-94db and the higher the better of course. I have run 4 different types in my fairing including the J&M, JBL's and now i'm adding a major sound system with JL Audio subs and components with a 600watt amplifier. Sound is a big thing to me, but it's definitely not for everyone.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:10 PM
nmfxstc
Road Master

HOG TUNES!

Hands down (and I have used them on two scoots!)

Old 02-18-2008, 11:15 PM
davewear
Road Warrior
Received 197 Likes on 135 Posts

another j&m fan here.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:51 PM
HDChloe
Road Captain

Your list of potential speakers is about to get very long. I went through the same thing last month before deciding on Infinity Kappas. However, I have never heard JM, Hog Tunes, or most others mentioned so who knows what are the best. Basically I found that just about any 2 Ohm, 5 1/4 inch speaker will work just fine. You could spend $30 all the way to a few hundred if you want to. My speakers cost about $60 to my door.

Hog tunes and JMs will run you around $90-110. Lots of folks use them and they are probably worth a look. I looked at the specs of those two brands and modeled my speakers after them. I got a better speaker (stats wise anyway) for less money. However, customer service is worth something too so you may wanna keep that in mind.

Good luck in your never-ending quest for the right speakers....you won't get a concensus answer here so I would not waste your time looking for it like I did.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:56 AM
tattood flhx
Intermediate

Hawg Wired ! I had JM's and then I put Hawg Wired in and the difference is very noticable ,they are great !

Old 02-19-2008, 01:57 AM
davewear
Road Warrior
Received 197 Likes on 135 Posts

fair enough HDChloe but you have to give some credit to the fact that there are a huge number of people here are very happy with j&M and hogtunes. also i prefer to have a speaker that is designed and warranteed for motorcycle use and to be waterproof even tho we know most speakers are created equal in waterproofness lol.....if they do fail and are not said to be waterproof yer screwed.....also customer service? great but one of the things that turned me off hog tunes was the constant reference to their great customer service and how exchanges were no problem. how come they need that? how come so many speaker needed to be replaced? quality control issue perhaps?

Quick Reply: Speakers