Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 01:18 PM
wideglide1962
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Speakers

I have J&M and they sound great

Old 02-19-2008, 01:27 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

must be my age,,,,, cause the stock setup aint that bad...???

I wouldn't even think of speakers if it wasnt for this place!

Old 02-19-2008, 01:39 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 300potato

ORIGINAL: GlideMan

I have run 4 different types in my fairing including the J&M, JBL's and now i'm adding a major sound system with JL Audio subs and components with a 600watt amplifier. Sound is a big thing to me, but it's definitely not for everyone.
Glideman - I would like to know more about the sub and amp you plan to use. Like brand/model and where you are going to mount them.
Here is a link to the thread I have started on aftermarket stereo installations for baggers. Bear in mind that I was looking for something beyond the traditional plug and play systems available for motorcycles. The quest started out as adding a simple amp to the bags with some rear speakers, but quickly turned into an obsession for a professionally installed system that would not fall short of deliveringsome stellarsound. Brands have changed throughout the thread but the final product is a pretty wicked mix of products that will deliver. It does take some thinking outside the box for an installation of this scope, but it is a lot of fun and the rewards are sensational. I posted this info in case someone wanted to do their own install and hopefully find a few short cuts from my trials. It is an extensive read but there's some good info and stuff to be learned from within it.

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

Glideman,,,, your outta control dude!!! 600 watts,,,
Is it true,,, the Bands at the 105th requested your system for the concerts..??? LOL

seriously,, I'd love to see your ride when its done,,,,

Rock on !! ya crazy canuk!
I missed the control class when I was in school and refuse to grow up now I guess. Six hundred watts might sound like a lot on paper, but it's not a lot for todays engineered systems. The whole thing about this system was to design something that could kick some a$$ when the right song is playing, but would be better targeted at delivering pureaccoustic soundwhile cruising the mountain loops at 70mph as I often do up here in the Rockies. You get some wicked cross winds between the slopes and that cancels a lot of sound. Besides, I needed something to warn the deer and the elk that I was coming and deer whistles just don't look cool on a Streetglide.

Mightbe at the 105th Rick...but I won't be grandstanding in the parking lots, i'll be cranking itat the campground. [:-]

Old 02-19-2008, 02:06 PM
mvinc01
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hog Wired given to me at X-mas.A bitexpensive, but I am very, very happy with them. True plug and play Component speakers with the 1.25" tweeter mounted on a bridge going accross the sub. This gives you a true component setup withoutneeding a separate mounting hole for the tweet, or a sepparate crossover. The clarity and sound is awsome. I need to figure out what amp I can run with them without going into my bags.

They were on my "eventual" shopping list. I love my wife.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:53 PM
HDXX
Novice

HAS ANYONE TRIED TITAN/HERTZ SPEAKERS AND OR TITAN AMP?

Old 02-20-2008, 09:52 PM
izzi
Road Master

be careful with glideman. he'll get your credit card on fire.
his capacitor exceeded my stereo budget.
cant wait to hear that beast...

Old 02-20-2008, 10:57 PM
FLHTCUI2006Biker
Stage I

Hogtunes, with the Harley 150Amp is super andI installed them on my 2006FLHTCUI, front and rear. I have a set of V & H Bigshots, with no baffles, and I can hear my radio at 80mph and I do not even need my headset to enjoy the music! But hey, everyone has an opinion, and each to his own. I considered other brands, but the guy that designed Hogtunes said that the setup I was using was going to be all I needed. He was right, and most of all, customer support was awesome... CS is what I am sold by....hopefully you will take a lot of advice, and form YOUR own opinion!

Old 02-20-2008, 11:22 PM
mystgld
Tourer

Have any of you ever heard of ZAPCO audio equipment or Chip Foose? If so then you know why i say ARC AUDIO is quality stuff they are endorsed by Chip Foose and built by Robert Zeff owner of ZAPCO. When you take out your stock speakers you will realize that the speaker magnet doesn't weigh much more than a fishing weight.The Arc audio FD 5025 5 1/4 in speakers are 4 Ohms handling 140 watts .MHO is that most people go with what is advertised that most but that doesn't mean they are the best.I used to enter my 69 El Camino into stereo competitions and Zapco was always a front runner.Check out the site then make your choice
www.arcaudio.com

Old 02-21-2008, 12:47 AM
greg09997
Road Warrior
Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

Hog Tunes are much louder w/more bass
ORIGINAL: Geoff

I was once interested in upgrading my speakers. However, when I considered that by the time music passes through wind noise and my helmet, it would sound no better than it does with stock speakers. Am I wrong?

Old 02-22-2008, 07:35 AM
mdtpr
Advanced

Infinity Kappas in the fairing are awesome, fits stock speaker mounts and cover.Duct tape the crossover to the top of the speaker mount and you are in business. Still deciding on what to put in the rear pods since the Kappas are too big????

Quick Reply: Speakers