Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 02:59 AM
HDChloe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Speakers

To be honest, I thought I stressed the point that Hog Tunes and JM are great speakers. Like I said, I have NOT heard those speakers and therefore don't have an opinion of them.

Personally, I went a different direction because I thought I could get just as good as speaker for less money. However, I bought my speakers off Ebay and if they quit working I am screwed. Like I said before, customer service is something to keep in mind. Just by the fact that the guys from Hog Tunes and JM hang out on this board tells me their customer service would be excellent.

I would like to hear JM and Hog Tunes against my Infinity's. I wonder what would be better?

Oh ya, don't buy the Infinity's like I did anyway....they have a crossover that is not built into the speaker so you have to find room in the fairing for it. Not a big deal, but a PITA.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:30 AM
bikergeoff
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used JBL's. They sound better than stock, but I've never heard the other brands.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:51 AM
300potato
Intermediate

That's great info and gives me something to start looking at. I imagine the weather proof part is is important.
Thanks all!

Old 02-19-2008, 08:49 AM
NICK56
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

IVE HAD J+M'S AND IVE HAD HOG TUNES..

IMO HOG TUNES ARE BETTER..

BUT BOTH ARE GOOD AND WAY BETTER THAN STOCK

Old 02-19-2008, 08:56 AM
Skulmn
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have j and m both front and rear. With the stock radio and an ipod as the source, Sound can be heard at highway speeds and above.

The speakers do not look expensive but they DO work very well. In addition, according to John form j and m, the speakers are lifetime guaranteed for us.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:12 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Glideman,,,, your outta control dude!!! 600 watts,,,
Is it true,,, the Bands at the 105th requested your system for the concerts..??? LOL

seriously,, I'd love to see your ride when its done,,,,

Rock on !! ya crazy canuk!

Old 02-19-2008, 11:17 AM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I just replaced my JBLs with a set of J&Ms and am happy as can be.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:02 PM
300potato
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: GlideMan

The Pioneer 5.25" coaxial speakers are awesome, but don't forget about the Inifinty Kapas, Hogtunes, and the JBL GTO's. Truth be known, there are many great speakers around so i'd advise you to go and have a lsten to some of them at a car audio dealer and pick what sounds best to you. Most major brands make a 5.25" speaker that will fit within your fairing andmost will holdup to any weather condition as well. Trick is getting one with a high efficiency rating of 92db-94db and the higher the better of course. I have run 4 different types in my fairing including the J&M, JBL's and now i'm adding a major sound system with JL Audio subs and components with a 600watt amplifier. Sound is a big thing to me, but it's definitely not for everyone.
Glideman - I would like to know more about the sub and amp you plan to use. Like brand/model and where you are going to mount them.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:55 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 662 Likes on 412 Posts

I was once interested in upgrading my speakers. However,when I considered that by the time musicpasses throughwind noise and myhelmet, it wouldsoundnobetter than it does with stock speakers. Am I wrong?

Old 02-19-2008, 01:13 PM
rodmodder
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw on a guys Electra glide one time a component set up where the tweeter was in the gauge mount next to the radio and the woofer was in the usual spot. Who makes a set like that?

Quick Reply: Speakers