Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MP3 player on Zuma 550

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 08:19 PM
TBone
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default MP3 player on Zuma 550

Does anyone use their MP3 player on their zuma 550. If so, how does it sound through the Harley stereo? How many sounds can you store on it?

Old 02-18-2008, 08:28 PM
DLW_FLHTC
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MP3 player on Zuma 550

I added some just to test it out and it worked but I prefer just having a CD with MP3's so I can control from the handle bars. The one thing you wouldlose is hearing the turn by turn directions if youuse that. You can buy an external memory card of many sizes to upgrade the number of songs you can put on.

Hope the helps, ride safe.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:40 PM
TBone
Tourer

Good point on the CD...Thanks

Old 02-18-2008, 08:59 PM
Wecroft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: DLW_FLHTC

I added some just to test it out and it worked but I prefer just having a CD with MP3's so I can control from the handle bars. The one thing you wouldlose is hearing the turn by turn directions if youuse that. You can buy an external memory card of many sizes to upgrade the number of songs you can put on.

Hope the helps, ride safe.
When using the Zumo MP3 player, the music pauses when directions are given.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:04 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 81 Posts

I never tried mp3 in zumo yet,got the aux cable and all. Then reciently i read a post that you can set the zumo to fm modulate to the radio and dont need the cord and can use hand controls?

Old 02-18-2008, 09:26 PM
Wecroft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

With an FM modulator the only handlebar control you'll have is volume justas if you use the patch cord. Just set the master volume on the Zumo to max and use the handlebar volume control. You'll find that you don't have to do too much controlling of the MP3 player as you only load the songs that you like and thus there's rarely a need to"Skip" when something you don't like is playing. Even if you do want to skip songs or albums it only takes a few taps on the screen. You can store up to 1,000 songs on an SD card so there's no trying to change CDs after a dozen songs or listening to the same songs over and over.

And yes, the MP3 sounds as good as anything played thru the CD or radio.

Check out www.zumoforums.com for all the info you could ever want.
Also check out www.poi-factory.com for points of interest files.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:32 PM
hotpursuit
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Wecroft

With an FM modulator the only handlebar control you'll have is volume just as if you use the patch cord. Just set the master volume on the Zumo to max and use the handlebar volume control. You'll find that you don't have to do too much controlling of the MP3 player as you only load the songs that you like and thus there's rarely a need to"Skip" when something you don't like is playing. Even if you do want to skip songs or albums it only takes a few taps on the screen. You can store up to 1,000 songs on an SD card so there's no trying to change CDs after a dozen songs or listening to the same songs over and over.

what size card do you use i only get 500ish on my 4 gig

Old 02-19-2008, 04:45 AM
IndyRider
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: voodoodrug

I never tried mp3 in zumo yet,got the aux cable and all. Then reciently i read a post that you can set the zumo to fm modulate to the radio and dont need the cord and can use hand controls?
I have a Zumo and did not know this. Is this feature built in? I don't recall seeing am option for FM modulate on mine.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:25 AM
TBone
Tourer

I talked to a dealer and they told me he didn't think the 550 can play through the motorcycle stereo. Is this correct?

Old 02-20-2008, 11:37 AM
Raaze07
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Wecroft

With an FM modulator the only handlebar control you'll have is volume justas if you use the patch cord. Just set the master volume on the Zumo to max and use the handlebar volume control. You'll find that you don't have to do too much controlling of the MP3 player as you only load the songs that you like and thus there's rarely a need to"Skip" when something you don't like is playing. Even if you do want to skip songs or albums it only takes a few taps on the screen. You can store up to 1,000 songs on an SD card so there's no trying to change CDs after a dozen songs or listening to the same songs over and over.

Are you sure the Zumo includes this feature, or is the FM modulator an extra gadget that you need to buy to act as an interface with the Zumo and the stereo?

Quick Reply: MP3 player on Zuma 550