Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Did The Radio Shack Siren Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 08:35 AM
jdell369
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just Did The Radio Shack Siren Install

Thanks for the information on the wires. Where did you mount the actual siren ?
I just joined and am still trying to figure out how to get to the picture you posted.
Hopefully I'm better at wiring the siren than I am at navagating this site.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:46 PM
StonerGlide
Road Master

jdell, you can mount the siren right in the cavity where the stock one is supposed to go. Use some 3M double sided tape or velcro and make sure you clean the spot where it will stick so there is no muck or grime that will let it come loose (isopropoyl works good after a good brushing off). The cavity for the siren is directly adjacent to the plug holder.

Old 04-05-2008, 02:35 PM
nardo
Advanced

Did the Shack siren install, but...
The siren only sounds for 1 second when it is set off. And the "chirp" when its armed or turned off sounds weak. Do you think I got a bad siren? I think I do have good connections between wires and plug.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:56 PM
basman
Novice

Where is the plug to use on on 05 Ultra?

Thanks

Old 04-06-2008, 12:27 PM
1ADAM12
Cruiser

That the way it sounds the chirps are weak ,but with it armed tey to start the bike and it will go off for a while when u hit the bike u get a 1 sec warning chirp..i thought the same but when trying to start it it kept going off till i disarmed it.hope this helps

Old 04-06-2008, 12:28 PM
1ADAM12
Cruiser

Oh boy i need more coffee i cant spell today......

Old 05-04-2008, 07:01 PM
CasperHD
Advanced

Oh my! When you guys said it was easy, you didn't specify how freakin' easy!! Takes 10 times longer to remove and re-install left bag and side cover than to install the alarm!

Hopefully my picture will show up here... Here's the plug for the siren on an '08 Ultra. Take off the left saddlebag, take off left side cover. Look on the left of the fuse box and a little down. It's the first plug facing inward with a clip on it. Unclip it, and put the wires in. As others said, siren's red wire goes into the brown wire hole and the siren's black wire goes into the green hole.

Test it before you put it back together. You may hear a sick little "click" when arming or disarming, but put that key fob away from the bike and set the alarm off. You'll hear those two chirps first, but then cover your ears because this is loud. I think it's still loud with the side cover on, but I was still in the garage. Haven't heard outside yet. But all put together, I was running for the key fob while covering my ears.

I put a zip tie on it for now, but it's a little slippery so I'll add some velcro or tape when I find some.

Anyone know if the plug looks the same for an '07 Street Glide? I know my buddy will want to do this.

[IMG]local://upfiles/47619/D81C45187CD94F7FB558DCA7A8111142.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-04-2008, 10:01 PM
fireglider
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

On my '07 Ultra the plug is a flat 3-wire plug behind the ECM, behind the RIGHT sidecover.

Old 06-15-2008, 08:57 PM
ironhead3fan
Road Master

I didn't see it, so I apologize if it is already there.&nbsp\\; Has anyone done this without cutting the plug?

Old 06-15-2008, 09:49 PM
CasperHD
Advanced

ORIGINAL: ironhead3fan

I didn't see it, so I apologize if it is already there.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Has anyone done this without cutting the plug?
&nbsp\\;
I did it on an 08 Ultra and an 07 Street Glide.&nbsp\\; I didn't cut the plug on either one.&nbsp\\; But that's the newer engines/models, so I'm not sure on the older models.&nbsp\\; I just used the wires that were waiting for the HD alarm and put them into my Radio Shack siren.&nbsp\\; Pretty darn simple.&nbsp\\; Maybe someone else knows if the wires are the same color for an 03.&nbsp\\; Is that what you have?

Quick Reply: Just Did The Radio Shack Siren Install