Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Did The Radio Shack Siren Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 09:03 PM
mrdeere1959
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just Did The Radio Shack Siren Install

yep red to hot wire (brown) black to signal wire (center) both fobs on seat. the alarm still goes off as soon as ignition is switched to on.bike starts and runs so the fob is disarming the bike. help

Old 03-23-2008, 11:00 PM
DiegoKing
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Lefty Guns

ORIGINAL: DiegoKing

Damn!! I just installed 2 Radio Shack sirens on my '01 King and dman it's LOUD!! Thanks to everyone for thier help especially 2003flhtci for his picture, it helped alot! All I can say is one is loud but 2 is almost deafining!
DiegoKing,
Where did ya mount the two siren boxes?
I installed them on each side of the battery, about 12" apart and man are they loud!

Old 03-24-2008, 06:54 AM
Fahpah
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you have the wrong plug, I did the first time I tried it.

When you take off the left side cover on an 08 you will see the fuse box and three plugs. Two are attached below the fuse panel, one is attatchedin front of the fuse panel. Use the plug that is to the front.

I posted a picture of it in the DIY mods section, Pg 5 post 187.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:23 PM
mrdeere1959
Advanced

thats the plug i used. the colors in the harness match those on the wiring shematic from service manual. help dale in casper

Old 03-29-2008, 08:58 PM
jdell369
1st Gear

I have an 08 RKC. I have ben reading about the Radio Shack siren installs. I popped the seat and see the ecm flat under the seat. Fron there, where do I find the wires to connect to ? Also, is the siren mounted inside the right side cover or somewhere else ? This is the first time I am tearing into this bike and don't want to screw anything up. Thanks.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:11 PM
Fahpah
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did this on my 08 Ultra and posted a picture of it in the DIY mods section, Pg 5 post 187. The plug with the associated wires are under the left side cover. There are three plugs under that cover, two below the fuse box, one to the left of the fuse box. You want the one to the left of the fuse box. I did not cut the plug off, I inserted the wires into the plug then plugged the plug back onto the dummy male plug on the bike itself. This will hold the wires in place inside the plug. Test it before you put it all back together.

Also I tinned the wores before I inserted them into the plug so that they would be more like a single wire instead of many stranded wires.

Red to brown, black to green.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:13 PM
ironhead3fan
Road Master

Sounds like a great mod for a great price. Might have to try this sometime soon.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:16 PM
stevefxdi
Cruiser

i did the install after i got home from work thursday night, on my 06 roadking the whole thing took me about 15 minutes and i wire tied it where the factory siren would go, great money saver here.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:26 PM
classic cruiser
Cruiser

I did my '03 this week, same rules apply for colors and it works great. Thanks for the idea!!!

Old 03-29-2008, 10:39 PM
StonerGlide
Road Master

Didthis on my "07 Ultratoday and did it simliar to FahPah. Added some solder to the wires of the siren and squeezed them a bit to make a square rectangle just the right size to fit in the female pins on the plug. I also removed the yellow pin retainer and weather boot so I could slide the wires in from between the arms of the lock of the connector. I put the weather boot back over the wires re-installed the pin retainer cap then used needle nose to firmly silde the soldered wires in the female pins (real solid, ain't coming out). Like other here I mounted the siren in the cavity where the stock one should go.
Tested it (good and loud)and put it all back together, about 30 minutes, give or take.
Great mod, hats off to the rider who came up with this one

Quick Reply: Just Did The Radio Shack Siren Install