Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Did The Radio Shack Siren Install

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 12:41 AM
Homee
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just Did The Radio Shack Siren Install

Sounds like something I need to install on my 08 RG. Will it have any ill effect or interfere with a remote pager system if the pageris added later or is the pager a separate issue/item?

Old 02-22-2008, 06:44 AM
Drifting Texas
Tourer

ORIGINAL: ROLLNTIGER

ORIGINAL: Drifting Texas

The one in the DYI mod section. I gotta give two thumbs up to whoever originally came up with that idea. It works like a champ!
Thanks, that would be me. It helps that our oldest son is a manager for RS so I get to go in there and experiment. I just don't understand why Harley sell/installs the alarm without an audible alarm.
Well then let me stress my thank you directly. Thanks ROLLNTIGER, this is one of the best things I've done with my 07 Ultra.

Old 02-23-2008, 03:02 PM
Trucky911
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts

I pulled the right and the left side covers off my 2006 EGC and I cant see where the main wiring harness is. There is nothing behind the right side and yes I took off the ecm and the part behind it. On the left side there is the cruse control and a fuse box. Sorry I need pictures....

Trucky911

Old 02-23-2008, 03:35 PM
TexasVet
Tourer

Did this mod last night on my 08 Ultra. It was piece of cake and took about 15 minutes. For $6 you can't beat this mod and thinking of putting another speaker on the other side of the bike.

Old 02-23-2008, 04:38 PM
Drifting Texas
Tourer

ORIGINAL: TexasVet

For $6 you can't beat this mod and thinking of putting another speaker on the other side of the bike.
I just did that today. One word of warning, if you plan on making all the connections with solder and heat shrink you will want to disconnect the battery as that circuit stays live all the time, as it should. One little arcfrom the wire tothe soldering iron was a simple reminder with no damage done.

Old 02-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Badfinger

The first sign of movement the systemgives you a warning, the lights flash and the siren gives a short yelp. If you keep messing around it goes off and stays on for a while. My forks were unlocked so without the fob I turned the switch to ignition. The radio and lights came on and I thought well crap it doesn't work so I turned the run switchon and I heard the fuel pump start up.Again, I thought it doesn't workand someone could be stealing mybike and I hit the start button.
ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE [sm=yikesomg.gif]I almost wet my pants running for the fob...the I don't know how long because I shut it off. It works!

Ride well,

Jim
You're right. It was working and I just didn't know it. Once I tried to start it while armed it sounded off like a champ.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:17 PM
RCH
Novice

hmmm........might have to do this to my bike. Thanks for the link info.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:53 AM
Hdbiker1450
Road Warrior

Ok, so exactly what and where am I looking to do this install on an 02 RK?

Old 02-25-2008, 01:28 PM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Did my '02 RKC yesterday. Take off the rightbag and side cover. Remove the two allen head bolts holding on the control module. Under that, there is a plastic cover held on by two nuts. Remove the nuts, pull away the plasticcoverand hooked to the cover is a three-wire harness with a weather-pac connector cover on it (has ablack, brown, and green wires in it).That is the connector you are looking for. Hook the wires from the siren as stated above. Done.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Hdbiker1450
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: frontiercat

Did my '02 RKC yesterday. Take off the rightbag and side cover. Remove the two allen head bolts holding on the control module. Under that, there is a plastic cover held on by two nuts. Remove the nuts, pull away the plasticcoverand hooked to the cover is a three-wire harness with a weather-pac connector cover on it (has ablack, brown, and green wires in it).That is the connector you are looking for. Hook the wires from the siren as stated above. Done.
Ok, so here's a picture of the back. Which one now?

Quick Reply: Just Did The Radio Shack Siren Install