Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Did The Radio Shack Siren Install

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 10:22 AM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Just Did The Radio Shack Siren Install

How long does the alarm sound when activated? I did this last summer and when I shake my bike to set off the alarm, the siren sounds only as long as the turn signals flash. In other words, about one second.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:24 AM
olemiss8
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

takes longer to post pictures than do the job. Under left side panel, the plug is on the left side of fuse box. just unclip and put the red wire of the siren into brown hole of plug and black wire of siren into the green hole of plug. do not cut the plug off, just stick wires into holes and tape up and stick the siren on the side of fuse box. took 15 min really

Old 02-21-2008, 10:28 AM
olemiss8
Intermediate

the siren went off until i got my alarm sensor close enough to the bike, i let go for about 20 seconds or so

Old 02-21-2008, 10:48 AM
HarleyNewbie
Cruiser

Thanks olemiss8!!!! Looks like I will be heading to Radio Shack on the way home from work.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:16 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

ORIGINAL: BG Weasel

How long does the alarm sound when activated? I did this last summer and when I shake my bike to set off the alarm, the siren sounds only as long as the turn signals flash. In other words, about one second.
If it is installed correctly it might take a couple bumps or stood up.
Mine is a bit like that.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Badfinger
Road Master

The first sign of movement the systemgives you a warning, the lights flash and the siren gives a short yelp. If you keep messing around it goes off and stays on for a while. My forks were unlocked so without the fob I turned the switch to ignition. The radio and lights came on and I thought well crap it doesn't work so I turned the run switchon and I heard the fuel pump start up.Again, I thought it doesn't workand someone could be stealing mybike and I hit the start button.
ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE [sm=yikesomg.gif]I almost wet my pants running for the fob...the I don't know how long because I shut it off. It works!

Ride well,

Jim

Old 02-21-2008, 11:02 PM
acftdr
Cruiser

Ditto.... Thanks olemiss8!!!! I'll try to get mine done in the next couple weeks and post some pics. Thanks for the specific wiring info.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:56 PM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 856 Likes on 297 Posts

I picked up the Shiet Shack Siren today....Thanks to this thread.....Crypes for a mere $5.87 why not give it a try......I am certainlygoing to!

FYI if anyone goes into their local Sheit Shack.... The beepers will be found in a metal drawers with capacitors and frit frats and the likes in the back of the store.... The drawer you want is color coded purple and that iswhere you will find the beepers. There a bunch of different ones...So make sure you write down the part number listed above.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:19 AM
ROLLNTIGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: BG Weasel

What your hearing is the audible warning. If you have the bike "armed" and you turn the ignition and try to start it, it will actvate the alarm long enough to make you feel like a complete ( l )! and will stay hollering until you take the fob and deactivate it! Works well in crowded parking lots to bring much unwanted attention to yourself! LOL

Old 02-22-2008, 12:36 AM
ROLLNTIGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Drifting Texas

The one in the DYI mod section. I gotta give two thumbs up to whoever originally came up with that idea. It works like a champ!
Thanks, that would be me. It helps that our oldest son is a manager for RS so I get to go in there and experiment. I just don't understand why Harley sell/installs the alarm without an audible alarm.

Quick Reply: Just Did The Radio Shack Siren Install