Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Did The Radio Shack Siren Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Nozzleman 216
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will check them, but it does not make any sense that the chirp when activated works, the yelp when bumped works as well. The fob works at distance to arm and disarm.

I will check them like I said, but doesn't make much sense that all else works as it should.

Originally Posted by mastery
I seem to recall somebody else reporting this problem, and it turned out their wires were reversed. Double check your wiring.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:26 AM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Nozzleman 216
I will check them, but it does not make any sense that the chirp when activated works, the yelp when bumped works as well. The fob works at distance to arm and disarm.

I will check them like I said, but doesn't make much sense that all else works as it should.
As I recall they can be reversed and appear to function but not correctly.
My 07 wire colors were slightly different (stripes) than my 03 so I had to play around a bit to get the proper configuration.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Nozzleman 216
Tourer

Thanks, will take it apart and look at it all again!

Originally Posted by nvsteve
As I recall they can be reversed and appear to function but not correctly.
My 07 wire colors were slightly different (stripes) than my 03 so I had to play around a bit to get the proper configuration.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:40 PM
hdgstreetglide
Intermediate

just did a test on mine with a small alarm siren that had hooked up on my shop. It is a small siren that is used for home alarms and it works great. It is loud !!! I am wondering how loud once I install it behond that cover on the right side or opp. side of the plug. I also tried it with two and it was just sooooo ear pirecing.. lol loud loud loud.. ears still ringing lol.... Thanks alot for this awesome diy mod.... I was just getting ready to purchase the 80 siren from hd to... not anymore...lol thanks again

Old 01-31-2010, 03:50 PM
pontoonman
Advanced

Does anyone know where the plug is on a rocker c. thanks...

Old 02-08-2010, 02:49 PM
AzDesertTroll
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just finished this install on my 09 RKC and it was too easy, thanks for the post and info. I have a few questions though, there is a very low and quiet buzz/hum coming from the siren box?? Also the arm/disarm sound is more a very quick buzz as opposed to a chirp during the warning phase. Are these things I should be concerned about?

Last edited by AzDesertTroll; 02-08-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:56 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by AzDesertTroll
Just finished this install on my 09 RKC and it was too easy, thanks for the post and info. I have a few questions though, there is a very low and quiet buzz/hum coming from the siren box?? Also the arm/disarm sound is more a very quick buzz as apposed to a chirp during the warning phase. Are these things I should be concerned about?
Should chirp. Have you tested by keeping your fob away from the bike and trying to start it?

Old 02-08-2010, 10:40 PM
AzDesertTroll
Road Captain

It works like it is supposed to ie. alarm sounds when activated disabling the starter and flashing the lights. The alarm goes quiet and the bike will start when the FOB is close. There is also a good chirp during the warning phase, it is just during the arm / disarm that it makes a buzz or growling sound. I am more concerned about the low frequency buzz / hum that is coming out of the siren box. I am wondering is it drawing power and draining the battery setting me up for trouble down the road?

Old 02-09-2010, 07:29 AM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member

If you're sure the wires are connected in the proper order I can only suggest checking the connections themselves ie. loose strand grounding or touching another wire. Easy to do.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:54 AM
AzDesertTroll
Road Captain

I'm pretty sure but not 100% that the connections are not loose or touching after I put them back in the dummy plug. I will pull it apart and double check it this morning when it warms up a little bit. Thank you for your suggestion and assistance.

Quick Reply: Just Did The Radio Shack Siren Install