Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Did The Radio Shack Siren Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 02:35 PM
jjr
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have done this before but I have forgot which wires to use could you please tell which colors?

TIA,
JOhn

Originally Posted by Hdbiker1450
Ok, so here's a picture of the back. Which one now?

Old 06-22-2009, 02:57 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by jjr
I have done this before but I have forgot which wires to use could you please tell which colors?

TIA,
JOhn
It may depend on model-year, but the '07 was brown and green:

siren-red > bike-brown
siren-black > bike-green

The location differs, too, my '07 being under the right side-cover.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:35 PM
cbears
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats and thanks for the thread, good info for folks to know.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:56 PM
jjr
Road Captain

I used brown and green buit did not match the colors in the order that you mentioned, would you think that it makes a difference?

My siren chrips when alarmed, I shake the bike and the siren works. Then I disarm the siren and shake the bike to test and its off. But when I start the bike the siren goes off and the motor does run.

any ideas??

05 Road King

TIA,
JOhn

Originally Posted by iclick
It may depend on model-year, but the '07 was brown and green:

siren-red > bike-brown
siren-black > bike-green

The location differs, too, my '07 being under the right side-cover.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:00 PM
jjr
Road Captain

Forgot to mention my bine a 05 FLHRI w/TLE sidecar, would that have any thing to do with my siren only going off when I have the motor running? I have tried reversing the wires and that did not make a difference.

As mentioned earlier my Radio shack siren chirps when armed, if I shake the bike the alarm goes off. If I turn the alarm off it turns off. But with the alarm turned off as soon as I start the motor the siren starts and the motort continues to run ok so the ignition system is not disabeled.

When I have the siren unhooked the lights flash correctly when the system is armed, shake the bike and the lights flash and if you try to start the bike it will not start and the lights will flash. So it works correctly when the piezo siren is not connected.....

any ideas?

TIA,
John

Old 06-22-2009, 08:23 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by jjr
Forgot to mention my bine a 05 FLHRI w/TLE sidecar, would that have any thing to do with my siren only going off when I have the motor running? I have tried reversing the wires and that did not make a difference.

As mentioned earlier my Radio shack siren chirps when armed, if I shake the bike the alarm goes off. If I turn the alarm off it turns off. But with the alarm turned off as soon as I start the motor the siren starts and the motort continues to run ok so the ignition system is not disabeled.

When I have the siren unhooked the lights flash correctly when the system is armed, shake the bike and the lights flash and if you try to start the bike it will not start and the lights will flash. So it works correctly when the piezo siren is not connected.....

any ideas?

TIA,
John
Sounds like you have the wires connected incorrectly. Or, possibly a strand touching another wire or to ground. The basic colors have been the same for several years but there are additional stripes on some years.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:00 PM
jjr
Road Captain

I have done this install many times before and never had this issue as well as having wires touching or to ground that was all double checked as I tried it with the siren in my hands and just plugging in the wires. Its only two wires after all and I really doubt that havint the red and bacl wires reversed would make a difference for the siren and yes I did try reversing them but same thing.

Originally Posted by nvsteve
Sounds like you have the wires connected incorrectly. Or, possibly a strand touching another wire or to ground. The basic colors have been the same for several years but there are additional stripes on some years.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:27 PM
CHGO5OH
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about 09's?

Old 06-22-2009, 11:00 PM
jjr
Road Captain

Update,
I just discovered if I reverse the wires to the Piezo siren it disables my ignition (bike cranks but will not start). If I remove the siren the bike starts right up.

Could is possible be a bad siren or perhaps the alarm needs to be reprogrammed?

Originally Posted by jjr
I have done this install many times before and never had this issue as well as having wires touching or to ground that was all double checked as I tried it with the siren in my hands and just plugging in the wires. Its only two wires after all and I really doubt that havint the red and bacl wires reversed would make a difference for the siren and yes I did try reversing them but same thing.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:09 AM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by jjr
Update,
I just discovered if I reverse the wires to the Piezo siren it disables my ignition (bike cranks but will not start). If I remove the siren the bike starts right up.

Could is possible be a bad siren or perhaps the alarm needs to be reprogrammed?
Possible, but I have a question. You mention there are just 2 wires. There are 3 on the connector on the bike and 2 on the Piezo. That makes 6 possible combinations.
Maybe your bike is different?

Quick Reply: Just Did The Radio Shack Siren Install