Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 02:52 PM
aksv
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help

Hi there
A couple of days ago when I was working with my bike, I realised that my right rear speaker didn't work. I switched the rear connections to test if it was the speakers itself but it worked without problem. So the problem must be elsewhere. When I installed my lighted mirrors and lighted windshield bar, I removed the outer fairing, and maybee I touched the speaker cables that comes out from the radio.
Does anyone have an idea of that is possible, that one of the speaker cables just have come loose from the radio. Or do you have any other idea of what it could be.

Best regards

Old 02-18-2008, 02:59 PM
bikergeoff
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need some help

Remove the outer fairing and check for a pinched wire. Turn on the radio and wiggle the wires coming out of the back of the radio to check for a loose connection. These are just a couple quick checks you can make. If this doesn't turn anything up, get a wiring diagram (in the service manual) and start some more in depth checks of your wiring harness. Hope this helps.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:11 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Default RE: Need some help

The rear speaker wires are LtGrn/Brown stripe (-) and Green (+); they are in slots 4 and 11, respectively, of the 23 wire connector plugged into the top/rear of your radio.

You can check to see if either of those wires came loose and lost electrical connection. An easy way to tell is to unplug the connector and look at the surface of the connector--you should see the silver ends of the sockets pressed against the inside of the plastic secondary lock; if you don't, then the socket is not pushed far enough into the connector to make electrical contact with the corresponding pin in the radio.

You can also check with a multitester to see if closing the circuit between those two wires actually closes a circuit.

Good luck--hope you find a fix.