Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New lowers

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 09:55 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: New lowers

ORIGINAL: mvinc01
Bob, your bike is looking awsome! Those lowers go a long way to completing your "hot-rod tourer" look of your SG. Nice job! I really like the looks and idea of the lowers. They are on my "eventual" list. Just wish they had "vendted" ones of the RG. Oh well.
Thanks, I'm liking them more as the days progress.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you order from and how long did they take?

This message has been edited because I'm an idiot!
Geeze...Hello McFly! I just went back and re-read your first post...you know...the one where you say it took exactly 12 days from Zanotti's. Yeah, that's the one. [&:]
Hey, I'm a bigger idiot and edit 75% of the messages I post, mostly because I don't read them when written and there are always typos.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:14 PM
paco ritter
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

iclick, to complete your "cool weather rider" you can add the chrome fork air baffle # 58520-79TC, which bolts to the back of the forks and mounts in between the two fork tubes. It directs air down onto the front cylinder and keeps it from coming up around the gas tank and hitting you in the chest/face area. For $23, it works wonders (find an older catalog, order the powder coated version for an '05 and earlier, you can get it for $12. You can barely see it anyway, so it makes no difference if its chrome or powder coated black). Next, chrome fork air deflectors #58121-85B will finish off the job. I also run a 12" tall by 4" wider on each side windshield for winter weather on my ULTRA. With these items, along with the lowers, if Ismoked, I could lite a Camel at 70 mph with a Zippo, it cuts off that much air fromhitting therider. Really great in cool weather. It says thelower fairings and the fork air deflectors wont work together, but they will. The only thingon the StreetGlides, thestock signal lights prevent it.PACO

Old 02-19-2008, 10:35 PM
RonH
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: paco ritter
It says the lower fairings and the fork air deflectors wont work together, but they will. The only thing on the StreetGlides, the stock signal lights prevent it. PACO
Really? I'd love to see a photo of your scoot with those deflectors and lowers to see how that looks!

Old 02-20-2008, 12:32 PM
RonH
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: iclick
How much is the lowers kit with four speakers? How do the speakers fit on the lowers? Is it a permanent install, or can they be removed without damaging the lowers?
check out
http://www.hogtunes.com/
They just posted the info about all 3 different versions of speaker kits for lowers - pricing too

Old 02-20-2008, 01:50 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: paco ritter
iclick, to complete your "cool weather rider" you can add the chrome fork air baffle # 58520-79TC, which bolts to the back of the forks and mounts in between the two fork tubes.
Yes, I have that, which was part of my first big order for accessories after buying the bike.

Order the powder coated version for an '05 and earlier, you can get it for $12.
I couldn't find a black one at the time or I would've gone that route. None even on Ebay.

Next, chrome fork air deflectors #58121-85B will finish off the job.
Won't fit and SG, but I did have them on my old RK, and they are great. I recommend these to anyone whose bike will fit them!

I have an 8" windshield and look over it. Can't deal with looking into a windshield, so the taller jobs are out for me.