Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New lowers

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 03:35 PM
cwilks
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New lowers

ORIGINAL: iclick

ORIGINAL: RonH

Those look great on your bike. Now you also have another spot for speakers.....
Just what I need, another project involving more money. I just ordered the Hogtunes amp to go along with my already-installed HT speakers, so that would open the door for a speaker addition. I need to dig up that thread by the guy who installed them in his lowers. It was a very neat job. Did you do it? If so, how about some details!

Just get the kit from Pez when your ready....I did....you won't regret it

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=MOV02249.flv

Old 02-18-2008, 03:50 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: cwilks

I didn't know he had a kit for the lowers, as I don't think it's mentioned on his site. He also didn't bring up the subject in any of this recent emails to me even though I mentioned that I might install some speakers in the lowers some day. I guess I'll have do more research, as adding two more speakers wouldn't cost much.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:57 PM
RonH
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep - that was me. It's very easy - you just get the kit from Hogtunes and put it in. I finally got mine out on the road for a long ride yesterday and it is seriously loud. The amp adds a lot of low end too. When I put mine in I also switched to the 5 ohm Hogtunes speakers in the fairing too, so all 4 speakers match and are powered by the Hogtunes amp. However I am now going to try putting the Hogtunes 2 ohm back in the fairing and running those off the stock radio, and the amp running the 5 ohm Hogtunes in the lowers.....

it just never stops! : )

Old 02-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 668 Likes on 414 Posts

The lowers look great. They rally complement your bike. I want to add the liners you mentioned to my bike.Up to this point I've kept a smalltowel in each pocket to keep stuff from rattling. Motel hand towels work best.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:57 PM
Drum
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice write up and your ride looks great, My lowers should be in this week. But the best park of this whole deal is we did some workat the dealer on their building and we are just trading a portion for the lowers

Old 02-18-2008, 05:04 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

One more thing, I had Kuryakyn offset peg mounts with Magnum quick clamps and Iso-pegs before the lowers were installed, but wouldn't fit afterward. I bought the HD (reboxed Kuryakyn) Long-angled Adjustable Highway Peg Mounting Kit (#50829-07A) and they fit well around the lowers. They also put the pegs closer than I'm accustomed, but I think I will get used to them quickly enough.

BTW, I'm going to sell the Kury offset peg mounts and Magnum quick clamps (no pegs) for $45+shipping (about 1/2 MSRP) if anyone's interested. They've been on the bike for 15 months, and I'd give them a 9/10 for condition, with just a few small nicks in the chrome (peg mounts). The clamps are polished SS. I liked this arrangement very much but they won't fit with the lowers unless you have longer legs than I do (30" inseam) and can turn the clamps outward, thus increasing the distance to the pegs.

Old 02-18-2008, 05:07 PM
cwilks
Banned

ORIGINAL: iclick

I didn't know he had a kit for the lowers, as I don't think it's mentioned on his site. He also didn't bring up the subject in any of this recent emails to me even though I mentioned that I might install some speakers in the lowers some day. I guess I'll have do more research, as adding two more speakers wouldn't cost much.

Give him a call and ask him....he switched out my 2 ohm speakers (06 model) for the 4 ohm when I did it and sent the lowers kit....it rocks

Old 02-18-2008, 09:24 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

I bought a set, color matched and vented w/ gloveboxes on eBay for $400. I have had them on since October and will most probably leave them on all year. They are great IMO

Old 02-18-2008, 11:18 PM
greg09997
Road Warrior
Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

Mine will never come off. I really like them.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:57 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Give him a call and ask him....he switched out my 2 ohm speakers (06 model) for the 4 ohm when I did it and sent the lowers kit....it rocks
How much is the lowers kit with four speakers? How do the speakers fit on the lowers? Is it a permanent install, or can they be removed without damaging the lowers?

Quick Reply: New lowers