Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ipod or xm radio

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 06:36 PM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ipod or xm radio

Before the Spring rolls around I will have my XM set up to work on my Street Glide. I dont want to have to pay another $6.00 a month for a second radio, so I will just make up a quick detach harness, so I can just switch my XM receiver between my bike and my truck. I had Sirius about two years ago, but decided to stick with just XM. I cant get enough of the XM LED Chanel....all Led Zep 24/7.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:25 PM
mysticwolf
Road Master

ORIGINAL: IAMSWUTIAMS

and I don't have to hassle downloading music when I could be ridin'.
Thats what im looking for, I like the way my sons ipod sounds, but what all the trouble I have downloading music to burn on c.d. for my jeep, its not worth it. We have the same prob. downloading for the ipod. I have never herd xm or sirus, thats why I was asking. sounds like sirus is the way to go, I'll be looking into one soon, Thanks every one for your input.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:29 PM
mlrkar
Intermediate

I have an xm radio that I switch from my truck to my bike. I am what my wife calls "****" , so the hardest part was finding a place to mount the radio and antenna so that it doesn't look like an afterthought. I enjoy the xm but you end up with the same problem with the regular radio, same songs being played. I am thinking about adding an ipod so that the music that I want to listen to at the time that I want to listen to it is on. I have had limited time listening to sirius but what I heard I liked. To me if you are not sure xm or ipod then the best bet would be the inno that was previously mention.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:35 PM
1Harleyrdr
Road Captain

I aint saying this is what I do. But My computercould takeall themusic files from any pin drive plugged into it automatically . Lots of places to get free music, For your I-pod or mp3 player.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:08 AM
Harley5227
Novice

I have the Harley Roadtech XM mounted on the left handlebar control, and a Gilbos Nano mount on the right control. I have the best of both worlds. One mini plug into the radio which splits into two females at the other end. Keep them both plugged in . Just power one up and the other one down when I choose which one to use. Depends on my mood.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:34 AM
cmcsns
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an Ipod Nano, not much bigger than a book of match's, 4 gig over 1,000 songs, amazingly none of them that I don't like! Use a Bittorrent program to dwnld off internet. Fit in the windshield pouch til I bought a mount from Gilbros(?) on the site and couldn't be happier. When I get tired of 'my' songs, I listen to my Rinehardts'...

Old 02-19-2008, 04:52 AM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm using both and prefer the ipod. It's smaller and easier to take on and off of the bike and instead of leaving in the saddlebags I carry it with me. As far as music programming goes I've had both the XM and Sirius radios, to me Sirius is by far a better system. My sirius goes between my car and bike and since I've installed it in the car I haven't touched the fm radio or cd player. Can always find good music with Sirius.