Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated Gloves vs Heated Grips

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008 | 10:22 PM
RWSTR
|
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated Gloves vs Heated Grips

I'm sure this has been discussed, but as we all know the search is on holiday. I don't like the feel of the big gloves and was wondering well the grips work?
BTW I live in Phoenix so we are not talking really cold temps usually 20-40s as a low.

Thanks,

Old 02-16-2008 | 10:26 PM
cms1528
Cruiser
Default RE: Heated Gloves vs Heated Grips

I've heard the HD heated grips are worthless, do a search here and see the many post and opinions.

Old 02-16-2008 | 10:26 PM
etrader
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heated grips & seat makes a great combo.

Old 02-16-2008 | 10:36 PM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

You ain't gonna believe this but here in Ga where it doesn't stay cold very long, I learned to do something that warms my hands while in my gloves. I have a solo seat, so I take one hand at a time, put it behind me and stick it down in the cavity/area behind my seat but in front of the rear fender - it is a good heater. My friends say I'm too cheap to buy heated gloves - I like to think I'm being thrifty.

Hack

Old 02-16-2008 | 10:36 PM
dgriffith
Road Warrior

I have the Gerbings heated gloves, G3, and their heated jacket liner. The other day I had to take the bike to the dealer, 17 degrees and starting to snow. They worked exceptionally well. Only thing I would change would be buy the armor plated coat they sell, instead if the jacket liner. I don't like to get my leathers wet and a lot less bulky. I'll get a set this spring when they go on sale. Dan

Old 02-16-2008 | 11:14 PM
dbalogh
Tourer

I've had heated grips on a BMW and yes they will keep the palm warm but isn't it the finger tips that get cold. Heated grips do not warm you finger tips anymore than heated footpegs would keep your toes warm. Heated grips are really not needed but will keep your palms warm. A good set of gloves will do that. Go for the heated gloves.

Old 02-16-2008 | 11:20 PM
Beeracuda
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my Gerbings G3 heated glove and jacket liner. The coldest I have ridden was 17 degrees and was warm the entire 20 miles to work.

Old 02-17-2008 | 01:22 AM
azhole
Road Master

I have the gloves cause I can move them from bike to bike or even into a vehicle with the 12v lighter adaptor that I have for them. The do fine.

Yeah, Phoenix is fine, but it's only 100 miles to payson and it gets damned cold up there sometimes in winter. I rode from phoenix up to mayer and over to cottonwood to Pine last year during bike week and it snowed about 25 miles of the way between cottonwood and payson, and I wished I'd had the heated gloves then, and vest, and full fairing too.
I did it on a sporty with leathers and long johns, and no helmet just a bandana,and it was chilly, but I got a sense of accomplishment, if not foolishness

Old 02-17-2008 | 05:08 AM
ko4qc
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I tried on the HD heated gloves last winter...no way I could wear those bulky things...wouldnt you think they would be less bulky than a non heated glove?...while I dont ride in extreme cold conditions,I do ride occasionally in 40 degree weather,wearing a pair of nitrile liners,non insulated gauntlet leather gloves and the big ugly hippo hands...hands stay comfortable...:&gt

Old 02-17-2008 | 06:17 AM
NCCopBikeRider
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Gerbing has a new heated glove liner that is a lot thinner than their traditional heated gloves. They can be worn under medium weight gloves and do not have the bulk of the conventional heated gloves.

WOrk well be themselves on cool but not cold days.

Price is less than $100, might be an option

Good Luck

Quick Reply: Heated Gloves vs Heated Grips