Touring Models Touring Model Parts Only

Touring Take Offs for Cost Of Shipping

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 11:05 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,352 Likes on 2,532 Posts
Default RE: Your Parts Laying Around to Help Another Biker

i think its a great idea as well. unfortunately, the only 'extra' part i have lieing around right now is the stock air cleaner (not the cover, but the backplate and filter) as i haven't had to do much to the road king since buying it. i did have a bunch of sportster parts, but gave them away to local guys who needed them. i still have a few left, but they are mostly nut and bolt type things and wouldn't be useful for a touring bike anyway. but i really could use a stock solo seat, having an issue with my corbin solo and the solo tourpak rack.... looks like they are not compatable with each other, and i'm gonna have to sell the corbin to get the funds to buy a new seat that is... hence the need for a 'cheap' seat until i can get the funds together.

Old 02-17-2008, 11:06 AM
choochoo
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would have the same concerns others have expressed.
somebody scamming you out of the parts and then selling
them on Ebay or elsewhere.
I have tc88 jugs, pistons, cams, bearings, 01 wheel bearings, guard rails, 01 RK nacelle, trim
and etc laying around. some new some used.
PM me here, I'll get back to you. Make me a fair offer, we'll work something out.
If I know you personally and know you will use it yourself, I might donate it.

Old 02-17-2008, 11:22 AM
jharanin
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Count me in...the wife would be happy to see me get rid of some parts.

Old 02-17-2008, 11:57 AM
CREEPSHOW
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 6 Posts

Maybe we could post a picture. For example, let's say you somehow broke your bar mount mirror, windshield,or backed into the garage and broke a lens. You could post a pic and say here is the mirror I broke, windshield,or the lens. Then, me having these items, would send you one! Then you could post a pic of it on your ride.
Me personally, I will send you just about anything I got. If you turn around and sell it on e-bay...... well, I know Isent itfor a good reason in my mind and you will have to live with the guilt. Not a problem for me!

Old 02-17-2008, 12:58 PM
uweldit
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow,

This really took off! Of course it don't surprise me that the folks on this board are generous and caring.

I know that we can make this work.

Keep them ideas coming. If we all agree on a framework for doing this, I'll be happy to take it to the administrators and get them to help out.

It would make me feel good inside to help someone fix a problem and hopefully they start donating leftover parts too.

Best to All,
UW

Old 02-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Drum
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: CREEPSHOW

Maybe we could post a picture. For example, let's say you somehow broke your bar mount mirror, windshield,or backed into the garage and broke a lens. You could post a pic and say here is the mirror I broke, windshield,or the lens. Then, me having these items, would send you one! Then you could post a pic of it on your ride.
Me personally, I will send you just about anything I got. If you turn around and sell it on e-bay...... well, I know Isent itfor a good reason in my mind and you will have to live with the guilt. Not a problem for me!
I like Creepshow's idea. I have read though the dyna thread and there needs to be some guild lines here.

Old 02-17-2008, 02:03 PM
HDChloe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone get it set up with some basic guidelines and let's get this ball roll'n.

As far as someone turning around and selling these parts for a profit....Karma is a bitch! They will eventually get what they deserve if they ever do.

Anyways....I have some OEM speakers off my 06 SG ready for a new home.

Old 02-17-2008, 02:28 PM
mvinc01
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What a great idea. Count me in for a couple small donations of whatever I can find that I can part with. I've already sold a lot of my "sellable" takeoffs on ebay, but I sill have a few from my Dyna days that are not worth bothering with on ebay or would not sell easily.

Amber lenses (Bullet signal)
Battery top cover (Dyna)
9" Ace Leather fork bag
9"x11"x3" W&M standard throw over saddle bags (syn leather)
stock AC backing plate housing
stock small foot pegs
stock Dyna headlight trim ring
Right side only stock HD mirror -EDIT...forgot, I already loaned out my stock mirrors. Sorry.

I'll keep looking through my stuff for more additions. AsI add stuff to my '07RG, I'm sure I will have some take offs. I may sell some of them, but the idea of the "HDF Swapmeet" could really come in handy, and maybe be for a great cause...another biker on the road.

Great idea guys.

Old 02-17-2008, 02:41 PM
mvinc01
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Almost forgot...I also have

Stock RG bars
Stock FXD seat (I stripped and reshaped this seat. The foam shape turned out OK. Better than stock, but not what I was looking for. The stock pan is in perfect condition, and so is the stock vinyl cover. Could be a good candidate for some gell/memoryfoam added to it.)

Old 02-17-2008, 10:23 PM
CREEPSHOW
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 6 Posts

I am bumping this to keep it fresh till we figure out the guidlines and get it a sticky.
Perfect for people who dump there bikes or just low on cash. I am all about this because I have a friend who just throws stuff away??? I think, someone, could use it!!!
I also have an extra set of stock rear air shocks..

Quick Reply: Touring Take Offs for Cost Of Shipping