Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help, solo seat needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 07:42 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,370 Likes on 2,543 Posts
Default help, solo seat needed

okay, so i got hit hard with murphy. got a great deal on a tourpak, but the solo tour pak rack does not work with my corbin solo seat.

does anyone have a stock, solo seat lying around that they want to get rid of? i'm in a real tight financial bind right now so can't really pay much for the seat, but will definitely cover the postage. preferably for a road king custom, but even if it isn't, i think i can do a little surgery on the nose of the seat to make it fit the longer dash. just need something that can get me through the next few months and then i'll be able to order a new seat.

thanks guys.....

Old 02-16-2008, 07:51 PM
etrader
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: help, solo seat needed

CLICK HERE

Old 02-16-2008, 08:06 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: etrader

CLICK HERE
yep, did that already, only one possibility, still has 3 days and bid is at 30.00. was hoping to get away less than that (yeah, i hate to do it, but i am begging here) just to hold me over for a few months.....

Old 02-17-2008, 09:00 AM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got a Solo Sundowner with the piece that goes in front to make up the diff. to the dash. I don't need it any more since I got a solo Mustang with the backrest. Which corbin do you have? Maybe a trade? The Sundowner Solo is in like new condition, let me know maybe we can work a deal depending on which corbin you have, sounds like a duo tour seat just by guessing

Old 02-17-2008, 12:21 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

thanks for the offer. i have checked out the sundowners previously and didn't care for them too much. i'm gonna have to use the corbin seat to raise funds for the new seat so i'm gonna have to pass on your offer. the corbin is a classic solo too. with the new locking mechanism that they use, the seat extends back a little farther and is thus incompatible with the solo tour pack detachable setup. hate having to get a new seat, i really liked this one. but i really want to get this tour pak set up. also, the custom has a longer dash, so i need a seat with a shorter nose on it. thats why i'm looking for a stock one, if i have to chop it, i won't be out a lot.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:48 PM
rpt
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you talk to Corbin about modifying the seat you already have? They did a nose job and lowered the wife's close classic solo for free four months after we bought it. I know their customer service has been slammed before, but they have treated us well several times. It's worth a phone call at least.

Old 02-17-2008, 02:27 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

good thought, but that won't work. the problem is the 'guts' for the locking mechanism are right there. there is nothing to take away, or cut down in order to make it fit. if you look at corbins web site, there is one spot where they say it works, and another where they say it doesn't. when i bought the seat, it was not an issue cause i didn't have a tourpak and no plans to buy one. when i got the tourpak, i didn't think about whether or not the seat would fit..... i love the seat, but would rather give it up than the tourpak so getting a new seat wins.

Old 02-17-2008, 03:05 PM
rpt
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know the close classic solo fits with the solo tour pak and I wouldn't think that the locking setup is any different between the two but I don't have the normal classic solo to compare it with. I would still call and ask why the close seat works and the normal does not.