Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-Z Pass questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 03:11 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,226 Likes on 1,841 Posts
Default E-Z Pass questions

Just curious as to a few questions:

1) who uses an EZ pass on their scoots?
2) I know it has been discussed before, but where do you folks all attach it on a batwing bagger?
3) Is it worth having for someone who doesn't use it daily like commuting to work, but just for the fact of hating to have to stop and dig for money on a bike when they do happen to come upon a toll?
4) anything else you might have to offer?

Old 02-16-2008, 03:15 PM
rpt
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Z Pass questions

Mine is on the inside of my trunk lid. It reads fine through the lid and luggage rack. My wife's is on the inside saddlebag lid and it also reads fine. To us they are worth having even if you only ride weekends.

Old 02-16-2008, 03:18 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member

Do you have to pay on an account for each state you visit or if you had one from NY would it work in Delaware, etc?

Old 02-16-2008, 03:20 PM
jharanin
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of my shields has the double faced tape, when I'm not using that one I just slip it in my dash pouch.

Old 02-16-2008, 03:43 PM
tgaetto
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

What are vTolls?
Sometimes tolls do not post to your account at the time of the transaction. This is usually due to a missing, improperly mounted, or inactive transponder with a dead battery. These unsuccessful transactions are digitally recorded and your license plate is later matched to your I-PASS Account. The toll is then posted to your account at this later date. These digitally recorded tolls are called vTOlls. You will see “vToll” appear next to the transaction when you review your account records. Tolls that are successfully deducted at the time of transaction are labeled “toll”. Review your account transactions.

I don't carry on the bike......

Old 02-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Fun Rider 05
Cruiser

I keep mine in the winshield leather pouch and it work fine

Old 02-16-2008, 03:51 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member

Thanks fellas. I just signed up for a standard $25 plan with 4 tags through NJ that I can use anywhere I see the EZ pass logo. Once my acct dips below $10 (which would be awhile since the majority of tolls that I hitaround hereare like $.75) they will automatically deduct my credit card.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:02 PM
SkipB
Cruiser

In Houston, we have something called EZ-Tag. In a car it attaches to the inside of the windshield and looks like a thick sticker with a printed circuit between two layers of plastic with an adhesive on the face. I am told this works on a bagger like mine if put inside the lid of a saddle bag. The Tollway office would not let me have a car one, they say I need a "motorcycle" one. Problem is, they do not have any "motorcycle" ones right now, and have not had for 3 months, due to technical problems. So instead they gave me a large plastic thing, like would bolt on top of a police car, and told me to use it. I put it inside the top of the right saddle bag, pointed up like indicated by a decal on the device. Had a big delay every timeI tried to enter the Tollway with it. It eventually reads though. ThenI was coming home from a big group ride one Sunday evening, in the fog,and was behind another car. The toll gate fell, then rose for the car. The gate then started down but went back up for me- I thought!!! I was probably down to 15 MPH or so when the gate fell again. I nailed the brakesand it hit me in the face (full coverage helmet was on), twisted me around, and I was so twisted I was losing my balance, and as I stopped I had to set the bike over on the Kuryakyn engine guard on the right side. A guy working in a booth about 4 lanes over starts screaming at me to stay there, I was going to jail!!! I have 6 vehicles with toll tags, and ever since we could first get them about 15 years ago. I picked the bike back up, but it would not start right away. Must be a time delay relay on the fuel pumpfor if the bike is dropped while running. There was no damage and only a couple of small scratches on the engine guard. (Good engine guard, because nothing touched down but the guard!). Anyway, after a short delay, the bike fired up. The booth operator is still threatening me with jail, and nobody in a car coming up that lane has ***-ended me yet, so I got the hell out of there. Now I am not sure what to do, except avoid entry lanes where there are still toll gates! Maybe I will recieve the correct "motorcycle" one soon, before any more adventures.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:10 PM
UltraDave
Road Captain

I have one for my scoot and put it in the batwing. It'sright above the radio and as far up as I could go on the wing while still have clearance with the inner fairing.

It has worked for me in that location.

EZ pass works in many states such as good old Delaware.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:11 PM
roxnatwist
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here in Florida, we have the SunPass. I have one I use in my truck for work and then slip it in my windshield bag on my bike when I know I'll have to take a toll road. It's a real pain to have to stop and dig for change while riding. I like to keep moving.

Quick Reply: E-Z Pass questions