Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-Z Pass questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 08:45 PM
tom73
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Z Pass questions

I installed mine in the right saddlebag. It is attached on the vertical portion that sweeps back. Matches the contours of a car windshield. I chose the right saddlebag so I could stay in the left portion of the lane and not ride through the oil that tends to collect in the lanes. Works great so far. Worst case scenario the EZ Pass doesn't read, they send me a ticket which I mail back with my EZP tag number and everyone is happy.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Motown_HOG
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here in California I just add the license plate to my account. I leave the transponder in my car and never put it on the bike. When I go thru the toll booth since there is no transponder it will read my license plate and match it to my account. Best of both worlds!

Old 02-17-2008, 12:20 AM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

ORIGINAL: artt

EZ Pass is great

You get a Motorcycle rate in whatever state it is used in.
What motorcycle rate? I pay the same rate whether I am on the scoot or in my truck. My only discount is 30% off in NH, where my account is for any of my vehicles.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:25 AM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Fun Rider 05

I keep mine in the winshield leather pouch and it work fine
+1

I only govia the toll-roads once or twice a year butFl doesn't mind it a bit to hang onto my deposit for a few years due to such infrequent usage andI don't mind them getting some paltry interest on the $30 deposit either. It's also real good to roll through the EZ gate rather than stop, dig for $, and hope the bozo roaring up behind me who's digging for $ also stops in time. It's agood deal for all dawg - glad you got it.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:01 AM
Norm
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To my knowledge PA does not give a discount for MCs. However, I got a discount for my bike toll when I came back from NJ and crossed the bridge to PA. Two dollars rather than three. If I used my ez pass that I keep on the dash of my cager I don't think I would have received the discount. Not sure though.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:17 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

It is very dangerous stopping at tolls, not just because cell phone sally's but the oil and condensate from the a/c mixed with the oil is very slippery. never thought about the tp mount, I keep mine in a magnetic soft leather tank bag that I bought from a forum member here in Fla, its is great, seconds as a *** bag and holds cell, cigs and enough roomfor a PPKS is you carry (I dont). THROTTLEJUNKIEDAVE is the member.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:18 AM
ezlife
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In single windshield bag center of windshield on FLHRC. Works fine. Used it all around the northeast.

I like the side by side trick, in NY I think they'd stop ya right away, lota LEOs. Have to give it a try though someday when a buds a little short.