Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-Z Pass questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 04:17 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts
Default RE: E-Z Pass questions

ORIGINAL: dawg

Just curious as to a few questions:

1) who uses an EZ pass on their scoots?
2) I know it has been discussed before, but where do you folks all attach it on a batwing bagger?
3) Is it worth having for someone who doesn't use it daily like commuting to work, but just for the fact of hating to have to stop and dig for money on a bike when they do happen to come upon a toll?
4) anything else you might have to offer?
1. I do, I do.

2 My tag is mounted under my fairing about 4" down from the top directly over my radio.

3.Yes, absolutely. I breeze thru the E-ZPass at 20-25mph. It's freakin' great.

4.Your tolls are discounted in the state that you purchased your transponder from, at least they are for me when I use it in NH. I have the NH one, so my tolls in NH are discounted 30%. It works on all the E-Z Pass system on the atlantic seaboard at full toll price. I have 3, one for each vehicle and my scoot. It even covers me when I tow my boat or m/c trailer.

My transponder is directly below the eagle on my fairing. I love the looks on the tolltakers face when I breeze right thru and they see that I am not going to slow down to pay. My account starts with $30. charged to my credit card. Any toll that I go thru in any E-ZPass state gets charged to my NH account and the toll is deducted from my $30. balance. When my account dips below $10. E-Z pass charges my credit card another $20. plus to bring my account back up to $30.. It's slick.

Why NJ?

[IMG]local://upfiles/4575/EB98909E5CBE474AA21F44DE82982BF0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-16-2008, 05:23 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,226 Likes on 1,841 Posts

ORIGINAL: soos
Why NJ?
For some reason that is the one that kept coming up when I went to ezpass.com I'm not complaining because it was only $25 and the same deal that you speak of where if it goes below $10 they bump it back up. Anyhow, with the new Garmin mama bought me I'm sure I'll be going through more tolls

Old 02-16-2008, 05:26 PM
Nomad X
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Less hassle,quicker to get through toll booths.Slow down to 10-15 mph,instead of stopping.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:28 PM
izzi
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nothing more dangerous that stopping in the shade at a tollbooth . cellphone sally hit one of my buddies like that. i leave my toll tag on my toolbox in the garage. i still get a correct bill, great technology.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:37 PM
eglidetrike1
Road Master

Here's a little trick that my buddy's use with there EZ passes. If your out riding and one guy doesn't have it, ride through the toll side by side. The green light comes on every time. With just one toll.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:44 PM
artt
Cruiser

EZ Pass is great

You get a Motorcycle rate in whatever state it is used in.

It was developed in concert with the US Government and works in every toll with readers no matter what they call their device. I've used it from Maine to Georgia and from the East Coast to South Dakota with no compatability problems.

I think it makes toll plazas safer for bikers as the road surface is much cleaner than it was when everyone was stopping to pay the toll and dripping oil in the center of the lane.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:08 PM
Fireman44
Tourer

In Illinois its a IPASS .I have gone to NY without having to stop for tolls. Mine is on the back wall of tourpack. It even worked on the Ohio and WV turnpikes.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:19 PM
kwoozn
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: artt

EZ Pass is great

You get a Motorcycle rate in whatever state it is used in.

It was developed in concert with the US Government and works in every toll with readers no matter what they call their device. I've used it from Maine to Georgia and from the East Coast to South Dakota with no compatability problems.

I think it makes toll plazas safer for bikers as the road surface is much cleaner than it was when everyone was stopping to pay the toll and dripping oil in the center of the lane.
If you paid a toll in South Dakota you got took!
Unless something has changed.....

Old 02-16-2008, 08:26 PM
Bug
Road Master

ORIGINAL: soos

2) I know it has been discussed before, but where do you folks all attach it on a batwing bagger?
3) Is it worth having for someone who doesn't use it daily like commuting to work, but just for the fact of hating to have to stop and dig for money on a bike when they do happen to come upon a toll?
1. I do, I do.

2 My tag is mounted under my fairing about 4" down from the top directly over my radio.

3.Yes, absolutely. I breeze thru the E-ZPass at 20-25mph. It's freakin' great.

4.Your tolls are discounted in the state that you purchased your transponder from, at least they are for me when I use it in NH. I have the NH one, so my tolls in NH are discounted 30%. It works on all the E-Z Pass system on the atlantic seaboard at full toll price. I have 3, one for each vehicle and my scoot. It even covers me when I tow my boat or m/c trailer.

My transponder is directly below the eagle on my fairing. I love the looks on the tolltakers face when I breeze right thru and they see that I am not going to slow down to pay. My account starts with $30. charged to my credit card. Any toll that I go thru in any E-ZPass state gets charged to my NH account and the toll is deducted from my $30. balance. When my account dips below $10. E-Z pass charges my credit card another $20. plus to bring my account back up to $30.. It's slick.

Why NJ?

+1 on inside the fairing mounting. Works great.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:27 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have EZ pass in my car that I use on the bike also. I keep it in the windshield pouch when I have it on the bike, it works great. If I didn't need it for my commute to work everyday, I wouldn't bother having it........even though it's only $40 every 3 months. It is great to just drive thru and not have to dig for money.

Steve

Quick Reply: E-Z Pass questions