Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D&D Fat Cat 2 into 1

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 08:21 AM
amjmanoSG
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D&D Fat Cat 2 into 1

Hello everyone! I just bought a D&D Fat Cat 2 into1 exhaust. I believe with a quite baffle. Has anyone installed this baffle and how do you like it? How loud is it vs the standard? I really wanted the standard baffle but they shipped me the wrong baffle. However, I have a mechanic that can take out the quite baffle and put in a standard. Anyone know the part numbers for the quite baffle and standard baffle? The box my pipe arrived in has a handwritten part number 506-32BQ? Will this thing be too quite? Help....

Old 02-15-2008, 08:54 AM
mentor70
Road Warrior
Default RE: D&D Fat Cat 2 into 1

Phil has dynoed the two styles and the quite baffle made slightly more torque and HP! you may just want to run what you have!

PS I have the standard baffle and I dont think its all that loud! I think its quiter than the Rinehart and the Thunderheaders that I have previously run.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:56 AM
max56
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

You may want to think twice about not wanting the quiet baffle. You'll get better performance numbers out of it...and it's not all that quiet. That's what I ordered. I don't have it on yet, but after a lot of research, I feel I made the best decision.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:28 AM
harleykris
Tourer

Quiet baffle here. Love it! It's loud enough to give that great Harley sound, but not so obnoxious. I've ridden with Vance and Hines True duals w/ovals and after a few hours of riding the noise will get VERY tiresome. I say go quiet, IMO.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:29 AM
61panhead
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the quiet baffle and it's louder than I want it to be.
(Competes too much with stereo.)

It does sound good in those times when I twist the wick and actually want to hear it.

Consensus opinion is that the performance numbers are better with quiet baffle than with standard baffle. I personally wouldn't know because I haven't had both, dyno tested both, etc.
All I do know is that I installed D&D Fat Cats, Ness Big Sucker, and Thundermax AT (all at the same time) and the bike has run like a top since the first time I hit the starter button.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:31 AM
tarheelrdr
Tourer

I have the quiet baffle aslo. It,s not all that quiet. Nothing like OEM . When you get on it, you see what I mean. Cruising, it is quieter than the Rinehart T/D's and riders behind me like it better also!

Old 02-15-2008, 11:42 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: amjmanoSG

Hello everyone! I just bought a D&D Fat Cat 2 into1 exhaust. I believe with a quite baffle. Has anyone installed this baffle and how do you like it? How loud is it vs the standard? I really wanted the standard baffle but they shipped me the wrong baffle. However, I have a mechanic that can take out the quite baffle and put in a standard. Anyone know the part numbers for the quite baffle and standard baffle? The box my pipe arrived in has a handwritten part number 506-32BQ? Will this thing be too quite? Help....

Yes, the "Q" on the end of your part number is for the Quiet baffle.

Now, the quiet baffle is by no means as quiet as stock.......it is all relative to what the standard baffle sounds like. I've had both and ridden with both........and I prefer the quiet baffle. I can still cruise down the highway at 80mph and hear the radio just fine, but when I want to get on it and be heard it will do that too.

Steve

Old 08-19-2024, 02:20 AM
awahl
Novice
Default M8 D&D Fat Cats exhaust WAY TOO QUIET

I looked back at an old thread from 2008 about quiet or standard baffles, but this is from a V Twin. The D&D on my Soft Tail makes me feel like I am riding a BMW...Oh..sh--t. I did a lot of research and don't know why this is. Anyone have any experience putting these on their M8. I like a loud bike. Thinking of just getting an old bike 2017 with VTwin if I can't get the sound I am looking for.