Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What has your experience been at Bumpus HD?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 05:13 PM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: What has your experience been at Bumpus HD?

I bought a bike from the Collierville location and so far I've had a good experience from them. I've dealt with the Memphis location in the past and I'll just leave it that I am much happier to deal with the folks in Collierville. I've bought a few things from them since my bike and I like the people in there pretty well. You may want to call and talk to a manager to see if they can work with you. I know that Keith Gilooly(sp) is one of the higher ups in there. Take care.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:48 PM
johnu
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The broken tail light...... Might bethe part wasswitched by someone. Happened to a friend once elsewhere. Picked his bike up and noticed the gauge lens was switched, emblems were worn/ scuffed that were perfect when dropped off etc.
JU

Old 02-15-2008, 10:10 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you are a better man than me, because if this happenned to me I would be back over there and I guarantee you I would have a new tank, lite and money back...It is not about the money is about the principle, with these azz@# that dont take pride on their work and the management not checking that their so called techs do the job right...

Old 02-15-2008, 10:58 PM
tsglide
Cruiser

Was there last Saturday and bought a cruise switch. Got home and decided that I wasn't going to use it and called back to check on returning it Sunday. Told them it was still sealed in the package and their response was very simply that they didn't not take any returns of electrical parts. Also had to argue with the parts guy about what I wanted. This is the second time I've dealt with this guy and both times he has argued that he was a service tech and that I can't do the things with the bike that I do with it. I second using Southern Thunder and definitely try to deal with Dennis.

Old 02-15-2008, 11:08 PM
Pelonz
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got a t-shirt from Murfreesboro

Old 02-15-2008, 11:15 PM
scatpac1
Cruiser

I have dealt with bumpusa couple of times in the past,once at their old location on Summer ave. and of course on Whitten rd. very **** poor attitudes towards me, and i was going to buy a bike from them.ha, told my wife lets get the Hell out of here, these people do not want to provide anytype of customer service, and damn proud of their bikes. went down to Southern Thunder bought an 07 RKClassic, lastJuly, really different atmosphere, I really felt they were trying to win my buisness and they did,from Lisa to Dennis inservice or Justin in parts, all good folks.a+++, and closer to home, Tate county, ms.

Old 02-15-2008, 11:23 PM
xcelr8
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its just plain wrong that there are so many horror stories about harley service. Here in South Florida, taking a bike to any Rossmeyer dealership is worse than sticking needles in your eyes. Don't bother calling the MOCO.........their position is "we don't get involved in service complaints"!

Been there.

Old 02-16-2008, 01:42 AM
Mississippi Bagger
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could not go back that day. I would have blown a gasket.

As it was, when I finally talked with the service manager on the phone for the third time (he gave me the "Ill check into it and get back to you" the first two calls) I had to end up showing my displeasure with him before he would even agree to give me a credit for the work and parts I paid for that they did not do or provide.

It is just not worth my time to screw with them. The lense only costs $12, and the tank scratch would be a bitch to prove they did.

The thing that is so incrediblly stupid is trying to hide what they did...it is not a matter of the $ for me...it is the fact that they were given plenty of chance to man up and admit what they did (before I showed any displeasure with them), and they did not. They cannot be trusted. 9 out of 10 times everything might go well in a transaction between them and a customer, but if there is a problem, they have proven (to me at least) that they cannot be trusted to make things right.

On the tire, yeah, I am sure a tech got it. It still had better than 60% of the tread.

For the time it would take to get these imbeciles to act right I can earn more money than I would get for them correcting everything.

I learned many years ago, it is better not to argue with fools, it is just a waste of time.

I got my $ back for the labor and parts, and they will never see another dime from me. And since I can't seem to stop spending $, Bumpus has now lost thousands a year, and it will all go to Southern Thunder.

I have only had GREAT experiences with the crew at Southern Thunder.

Btw, the Collierville Bumpus is better than the Whitten Road Bumpus, but their attitude and willingness to help does not hold a candle to Southern Thunder.

Before you ask why I was at the Whitten Rd. Bumpus when I already had good experience with Southern Thunder....a friend had told me that they were great to work with. HAHA! He had is bike in there the same time as mine. He also got screwed over (even worse than me). But that is another story. They have now lost his biz also.

[sm=rant.gif]

Old 02-16-2008, 09:25 AM
Shrek
Tourer

I may be relocating to that area andI was hopingthere was going tobe some good stories. I do most of my work myself but I dont want to buy the parts from a dealer with bad customer service.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:34 AM
Skulmn
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bumpus in Murfressboro has always treated me right. The owner is at that location frequently. You should give him a call and discuss the scratch and light.

I've met him and seems to be a nice guy.

Quick Reply: What has your experience been at Bumpus HD?