Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

differance in standard and performance d&d baffle

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 09:18 PM
gpp
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default differance in standard and performance d&d baffle

first off,i want loud pipes so what is the differance in the 2 baffles?is the performance baffle the same baffle that comes in the borzilla pipe.is there a lot of differance in the loudness of the 2 baffles to make it worth going to the louder baffle?

Old 02-14-2008, 09:28 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: differance in standard and performance d&d baffle

Pipes are made loud by more than just a pipe alone. It's determined by the cams you have, the compression your running, the flow of the heads, and the head pipe as well. The muffler can make or break the sound but I will tell you that all D&D mufflers sound pretty much the same. They have a lot a lot of bark and the quiet baffles sound the same at idle, but has a softer tone when you accelerate at 30/40% throttle. Once you open it up, all D&D pipes pretty much sound the same to me.

The fatcats flow almost as much as the boarzilla, and the biggest difference between them is the size of the head pipe/collector as the boarzilla is a larger OD. The main difference between the two baffles in either pipe is that;
[ol][*]The quiet baffle is a tad bit quieter under normal operating conditions.[*]The quiet baffle has been proven to provide a bit better torque and HP on a performance bike[/ol]
PhilM just did a performance review of the 2 baffles back to back so use the search function above and enter PhilM into the author field and look for his D&D review. He has posted all the relevant facts for the Fatcat pipe. The boarzilla with the larger stepped header is normally used for big bore bikes that are 117" and up. Fatcats work fine with bikes that are 113" and smaller. Not a huge difference will be noticed on a stock bike. If all you want is loud, get a set of true duals (T-Rex by Hard Chrome are the loudest) where Rineharts are the most popular. If you're going to get into performance, then you want a D&D pipe.