Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Luggage Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 02:24 PM
ezlife
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Luggage Question

Kury Full Dresser. Works great for me and the OL for a week.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:40 PM
rvisdew
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Kuryakyn Full Dresser for my Road King ... the RK is gone, but I still have the bag.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp...ey&ci=2289

The bag worked well, it mounts over the sissy bar and rests (and attaches) to a luggage rack.

$100 incl shipping (US).

Old 02-14-2008, 02:51 PM
mark10
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

i have this bag

http://www.nelsonrigg.com/pages/Crui...GWS500-Big.htm

used it on a trip, rain and cold, and it worked fine. i know you can't use this because it is where the OL would be. but i like the nelson riggs product. would recommend them to anyone.

don't know what you are looking for for price.

and not to be sarcastic or nothing but you could just get any bag you want and then line it with garbage bags and then cord it on. did that for years. didn't have money then.

Old 02-14-2008, 03:38 PM
roxnatwist
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't get rid of the OL, she makes too much coin and contributes to my chrome addiction. Plus, she's got a smokin' body. I could; however, go with a regular bag lined with garbage bags and spend the money on beer and *******! Whaddya think?

Old 02-14-2008, 03:43 PM
Phurion
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: rh8234

The solution is not to find a bag big enough for OL's stuff. The solution is to find an OL that requires less stuff!
Or find an OL who prefers packin her own stuff on her own touring bike. That would be my preference.

I don't mind havin a woman on the back of my bike, but I just find women who ride their own so much more appealing and attractive. =)

ORIGINAL: rh8234

We hauled all we needed from Chicago to Sturgis and back and never heard a single complaint.
Damn man! She got a sister? Send her my way! =)

Old 02-14-2008, 03:47 PM
HogFather
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the kury is probably your best bet. Check out J&P Cycles web site they have lots of good deals and selection. Gotta pack different on a bike trip than car trip. Less is more. Smaller is better.

Old 02-14-2008, 05:24 PM
Moby
Cruiser

Check out the Rev Pack TourPack (http://www.revpack.com/motorcycle/pr.../TourPack.html) $95: "The Rev-Pack Tour Pack is now our best selling pack. It was featured in the BMW Owners News and was described as the answer for long distance touring.
Designed to straddle the luggage rack or rear portion of the seat, the Tour Pack can accommodate a bedroll, sleeping pad, tent and poles, plus miscellaneous gear. Reflective stripes on the back make for high visibility. It attaches via a 4 point quick release buckle system for easy on and off and provides an exceptionally stable riding position. It is made of heavy-duty urethane coated Cordura nylon.
Extra "D" rings sewn in the seams make it easy to attach extra stuff everywhere. Comes with a shoulder strap. It's a bag that's made to travel anywhere you're ready to go. The dimensions are 26" across, 12" thick, 16" high (including the legs). The crotch is 13" across and 5" high. The pack has a non-abrasive bottom so you don't mar the paint. #34 on the Product Index. A weather cover is available. "

I've had this for several years and it works great. When I bought mine they had an upgrade that included rain cover, two stiff shaving kit style bags that fit into the "legs", and another rectangular bag that attached to the top. It is high quality and hasn't failed me yet.

Old 02-14-2008, 05:29 PM
Moby
Cruiser

After further looking at their web site I have the Excursion Pack $200+: "The Excursion Pack is the "cat's meow", "the piece de resistance", and "the coup de maitre" for you hard core, heavy-duty, long distance travelers. Read this article on our Excursion Pack. This pack is based on our very successful Tour Pack, being the same dimensions of 26" across, 12" thick and 16" high, including the legs. This pack however, has the zipper running all the way from the base of one side, up and over, then down to the base of the other side, with four sliders to position for desired access at any point. The ends fully separate for easy access to the doglegs, which hold the ditty bags that are included. It comes with a weather cover housed in an external slot pocket until needed.There are two external pockets on the front to accommodate 1/2 gal. water or fuel bottles. In addition to all this, it offers a versatile pack, which snuggles in the crotch when the whole affair is not on the bike or attaches on top when it is. Reflective stripes to the rear, adjustable shoulder strap, and a pair of adjustable tie down straps with snap hooks complete this extraordinary touring companion. Coute que Coute. Check #38 on the Product Index."

Old 02-14-2008, 05:35 PM
Firetender
Road Warrior

Check out a few Ross' fashion stores. Typically there are a few ballistic nylon bags in black. I found the JEEP series bags just the right fit for my luggage rack. The cost is around $25.00. It probably doesn't hurt that my SO doesn't need much in makeup or clothes to be a doll, but you're on your own in that department!

Old 02-14-2008, 06:12 PM
bxbutch
Cruiser

the best luggage i have found is airline carry-on they come with wheels & pull out handleto roll into motel after long day on roadclothes are easily accecable I have one for 7yrs& 25000 miles it cost me 25dlrs i put a large black pasticleaf bad inside & pack clothes insde works great

Quick Reply: Luggage Question