Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headlight modualtor is cool

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 04:28 PM
RonH
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default headlight modualtor is cool

Just put in my modulator and it's pretty cool! I plan to do the running light mod soon too. It won't run at night, and I assume that you don't want to run it when riding in a group, are there any other times when it shouldn't be used? Thanks

Old 02-13-2008, 04:37 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: headlight modualtor is cool

IMO, the modulator is probably the #1 safety feature you can add to ANY bike. Perfect? No - but it definitely helps.

I turn it off in group rides, unless runnin' lead or sweep - other than that, it's on at all times.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:43 PM
captsam54
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: TexasRedneck

IMO, the modulator is probably the #1 safety feature you can add to ANY bike. Perfect? No - but it definitely helps.

I turn it off in group rides, unless runnin' lead or sweep - other than that, it's on at all times.
Where do you get one and how much did it cost?? thanks..

Old 02-13-2008, 04:46 PM
djamann
Club Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

I got mine a year or so ago and and like it. Got it from signal dynamics for around $60

Old 02-13-2008, 04:50 PM
Lee n Tj
Advanced

Put one on couple years ago and did the light mod also. Use it most of the time, and when I do I see alot of cagers coming out of side streets do a double take. When on long rides especially the interstate several times I come up behind someone and they catch sight of me in their mirror, start slowing and pull over. The modulator, 2 tone silver fairing and the half hemet, I think they believe they are being pulled over by a leo. I get a kick out of the looks on their faces when I go by.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:56 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is a Kisan unit. There are other cheaper ones...but the Kisan units have always enjoyed a reputation for quality and customer service. Don't recall what ah paid - jest google 'em.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:19 PM
RonH
Road Captain

Mine is a Kisan too. I think it was something like $109 to my door. The modulator plug was a really tight fit against the rubber around the headlight plug so I made couple small cuts in the rubber so it would lay down and allow the modulator to fully connect. I haven't mounted the sensor in the inner yet, just ran it up and zip tied to the brake cable.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:05 PM
Badfinger
Road Master

RonH, which model did you use? I wonder how it would look or work in the passing lights?

Ride well,

Jim

Old 02-13-2008, 06:27 PM
RonH
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Badfinger
RonH, which model did you use? I wonder how it would look or work in the passing lights?
Ride well,Jim
Sorry - I don't recall which model it was. I called them and the guy sent me the one for my bike. It works on high beam, so the other lights are off. The sensor turns it's function off in low light, and you can simply switch to low beam to turn it off as well. I plan to do the running light mod that TexasRedneck kindly outlined in a previous post so the running lights will stay on with high beam too. Here's the link to that thread: https://www.hdforums.com/m_1405927/tm.htm

Old 02-13-2008, 06:55 PM
2106HD
Advanced

I got one for christmas and need to install it when the weather allows. Where did you mount the sensor? Could you post a picture of the location?

Quick Reply: headlight modualtor is cool