Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headlight modualtor is cool

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 07:50 PM
RonH
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: headlight modualtor is cool

ORIGINAL: 2106HD
I got one for christmas and need to install it when the weather allows. Where did you mount the sensor? Could you post a picture of the location?
Here ya go - hope this helps

[IMG]local://upfiles/9233/56967462668C4826ABBC0E1732ED6745.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-13-2008, 08:19 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got one for christmas and need to install it when the weather allows. Where did you mount the sensor? Could you post a picture of the location?
The mount location on the backside of the fairing can be problematic from the shadow of the fairing itself, so ah mounted mine on the inner fairing itself...

[IMG]local://upfiles/19857/64D30609DE464C8E9A02F777979A761A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-13-2008, 08:27 PM
RonH
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes - I have that photo of yours saved cuz I plan to do that myself after I paint the inner next month. I have the Chubby 575 bars which are a little higher, and with the sensor pointing kinda back and out it seems to work fine for now.

BTW: the model number of the Kisan is P115W-S

Old 02-15-2008, 06:44 AM
2106HD
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the photos.........

Texasredneck............what size hole did you drill and does it fit tight??? I am worried about washing the bike and water getting down into the fairing. It looks to me like you install the sensor by pushing it up from the bottom of the hole, instead of from the top making for a snug weather-tight seal?

Old 02-15-2008, 08:26 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

The key here is to take your time...don't recall the drill size, only that I started with a bit I *knew* to be too small, and stepped it up in size one increment at a time until it finally fit VERY snugly. With the Kisan unit, the sensor has a split plastic"collar" that slips over the sensor unit itself, which is what actually holds it in place. You can slide the sensor in from underneath through the hole (VERY tight fit), slip the collar in place, then put it in position. It can be somewhat intimidating, but it's actually pretty easy. Once done, you'll be embarrassed at how nervous you were....

If anyone's in mah neck o' the woods - New Braunfels, TX - an' are reluctant ta try it yerself, jest gimme a holler - we can do it in mah garage easily - takes more time ta set up than it does ta install!

Old 02-15-2008, 09:34 AM
Badfinger
Road Master

Thanks for the info guys!

Ride well,

Jim

Old 02-15-2008, 01:56 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

I've had the Kisan variety on my SG, and before that on my RK, for over four years. In that time I haven't had one cager pull out in front of me, although I definitely don't assume I'm absolved for life from this problem.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:54 PM
rel22
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the photos.........

Texasredneck............what size hole did you drill and does it fit tight??? I am worried about washing the bike and water getting down into the fairing. It looks to me like you install the sensor by pushing it up from the bottom of the hole, instead of from the top making for a snug weather-tight seal?
Just installed one on my 06. The instructions that come with it say to use a 25/64 drill bit. That was too small. I worked my way up to 27/64 and it fit like a glove. It installs from the top down. The collar fits pretty snug. There was a very small gap at the split in the collar, but nothing to worry about IMO as far as water getting by.

Old 04-22-2008, 03:06 PM
PeteM
Cruiser

Thanks guys! All of ya's! Got pulled out in front of this morning and have had enough. After reading the stuff here, my Kisan unit is being picked up tthis afternoon by a friend that works in Cleveland (from the Honda dealer-SSHHHH). Gonna install it tonight and do the spot lamp modifications as per the Redneck's suggestion.

I do appreciate the members here. Tis a dayum good source of info for stuff, and it has all been "road tested"

Old 04-22-2008, 06:47 PM
Mississippi Bagger
Road Captain

It does not take the place of defensive riding, but it sure reduces the number of times I get someone creeping out to pull in front of me.

Quick Reply: headlight modualtor is cool