Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power trip cop

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 06:09 PM
bear95
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: power trip cop

ORIGINAL: cowkiller

Bear you seem like a reasoable guy. We as citizens deserve to be treated better by police.
In my hometown a cop was trading sexual favors to let people pass for their threats to society. I think he should be drawn and quartered. Who defended this jerk? MORE COPS
Not every citizen is going to stab,shoot,sue ect.a copbut we are all being treated that way at one time or another. The solution is to better screen,better train, because what you guys do ain't easy but it is what you do. so do it! police yourselves, instead of defending this *** clown bysticking up for that kind of behaviour from a public servant is hardly excusable.
From the replies from other leos so far you can see that many more got the "he deserved it" attitude than not. THAT IS A PROBLEM! the solution is zero tolerence for gestapo like behaviour.From you and your peers.
Unlike looking up a cows *** to see the t-bone Police action is seen by everyone and more so now that people are generally pretty damn tired of it.

Cop trading for sexual favors, ya he needs to find a new job. I don't know if he should be put to death though. The guy in the video, I don't know the whole story but it dosen't look very good to me.
Not every citizen is going to stab, shoot, ect a cop but the cop dosen't know that. Now I'm not talking about these kids but adult to adult. A few months ago I was trying to be nice to a guy, let my guard down and ended up in the fight of my life. So don't get me wrong I'm not sticking up for the video guy or the sexual favor guy but if a cop is being stand-offish he/she is probably just trying to be safe. If a cop dosen't believe you or is suspicious of you at first it's probably because criminals lie and are very good at it so we have to figureout whats going on.The T-Bone line was from the movie Tommy Boy, I thought it was funny. I assumed you were a butcher from you screen name......Oh ya and the kid probably did deserve a smack upside the head but by one of his parents not from the cop.....

Old 02-13-2008, 06:10 PM
harleykris
Tourer

Another exterminator here! Growing up I had many minor skirmishes with the law, more sever than what these kids were doing. I was never talked to in this manor by a cop. Most of the time everything was handled in a way that let me know who was boss, but that I should not be afraid of the police. I was arrested a little over a year ago and still feel I was treated fairly by the police, they were only doing their job and I respect them for that. But this guy seems to be why so many people hate cops, looked to me like he went on a power trip and abused his badge, and in doing so brought an even more negative spotlight on law enforcement. We shouldn't judge ALL cops by the actions of just one rotten one, and who knows, maybe he' a member of this forum!

[IMG]local://upfiles/50585/C3874A16A3B844518D35D6A596D3C5DC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-13-2008, 06:10 PM
RoadKing_Al
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Sillverback

I was OK with the officer's attitude until he grabed the kid around his neckand threw him to the ground. There was no call for that. It actually pissed me off. I'm not going to run my mouth about "what I'd do", but if that was my kid....
Agree he didn't have to touch the kid.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:14 PM
chuckk01
Cruiser

You must show respect in order to get respect. I write about 15 traffic tickets a day and 95 % of the people I give tickets to say thank you to me. I beleive its because I still show them some respect and not treat them like garbage.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:16 PM
chuckk01
Cruiser

And by the way, I don't write motorcyclist, they all get breaks.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:29 PM
djamann
Club Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bravo to the cop, I hope he gets a promotion. He as a little rough when taking the board away, but if the kid would have handed it over it wouldn't have been neccesary. No sympathy for the punk

Old 02-13-2008, 06:30 PM
TnGlider
Novice

A few things stick out in the video and the responses.

The cop is an adult... the 14 year old is a kid. I'm 38 years old and if someone walks up to me and degrades me and disrespects me, I can almost guaranteeI wont be saying yes sir or no sir.
I find it hard to believe that poor parenting is to blame for the kid not using proper manners. The next time any of those kids see an officer in the future, they will be reminded of how this cracker head treated them. I'd be willing to bet that they will look down on any officers they deal with in the future. No matter whatI teach my children, situations like this will force them to come up with their own oppinion.

As far as the being shot at, risk of AIDS, and the other dangers , I kinda think that is a known factor when taking the job. If ya cant handle that part of the job.... ya may wanna rethink your career choice. I can and do respect the people who work with these dangers on a day to day basis. The ones who I respect donot use excuses for bad behavior.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:37 PM
bear95
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: harleykris

Another exterminator here! Growing up I had many minor skirmishes with the law, more sever than what these kids were doing. I was never talked to in this manor by a cop. Most of the time everything was handled in a way that let me know who was boss, but that I should not be afraid of the police. I was arrested a little over a year ago and still feel I was treated fairly by the police, they were only doing their job and I respect them for that. But this guy seems to be why so many people hate cops, looked to me like he went on a power trip and abused his badge, and in doing so brought an even more negative spotlight on law enforcement. We shouldn't judge ALL cops by the actions of just one rotten one, and who knows, maybe he' a member of this forum!

[IMG]local://upfiles/50585/C3874A16A3B844518D35D6A596D3C5DC.jpg[/IMG]

+1.......Amen brother.......

Old 02-13-2008, 06:42 PM
baggerman
Cruiser

Wow, can't we all just get along? IMO there are bad apples in every profession. This dude is onejerk a$$ cop for sure.Was the kid trying to be cool in front of his friends? Yeah probably. Should he have beenmanhandled by the cop? No way. LikeI said, a bad apple in every bunch.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:42 PM
BillinNY
Tourer

I was thinking just that while watching that spectacle; yeah I would be pissed if that were my kid.

ORIGINAL: lil_gmac2

The kid was very respectful the cop went over board by touching the kid and taking the skateboard. This kid will have a very good case. This cop probably had a bad day but his next few months will get worst. I would be pissed if a cop did that to my kid. JMHO