Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power trip cop

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 03:20 PM
CueBall00
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: power trip cop

This is more proof of a fundamental problem we have today everybody says "respect me or I demand respect" I was always taught "Respect is Earned not Given". You want my respect then do something respectfull and earn it.

Old 02-13-2008, 03:21 PM
roxnatwist
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cops are ina tough spot. The majority of the folks they have to deal with are good and decent people, the rest are a bunch of disrespectful *ssholes who screw it up for everybody else. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't. Granted, this cop could have handled things differently but none of us were there before the camera was turned on. Plus, people seem to be looking for a big payday anytime something like this happens. That kid's parents will sue the PD, they'll settle out of court for an undisclosed amount to avoid the cost of taking it totrial and this kid will still be a disrespectful punk.Funny how nobody can figure out whytheir taxes keep going up.

Old 02-13-2008, 03:28 PM
CueBall00
Tourer

That is very well said, you have some good points and you are so right the parents will more then lilley sue but I look to the educated cop to handle himself better the the fourteen year old kid

Old 02-13-2008, 03:34 PM
cirhere2
Road Captain

I hope the Fata$$ gets fired then Sued by the parents for some cash

theres a big difference between wanting respect and wanting some child to kiss your a$$

Old 02-13-2008, 03:58 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

I cannot believe that some of you defend that cop and blame the kid. That cop is a disgrace to law enforcement officers everywhere. He is totally unprofessional. Unfortunately many police departments and other law enforcement agencies have lowered theirapplicant standards to meet hiring quotas ( and I am not talking about minorities but just to get officers on board).

Police Departments deserve better than this. And, more importantly, we citizens deserve better.

Old 02-13-2008, 03:59 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,856 Likes on 1,602 Posts

There is no school for how to treat cops, no federal mandated line of required responses.
Basically they ask you questions, you answer. If they don't like the way I talk, look, sound, act, or my agethen thats their problem. They are the public servants, not me.
I'm just the tax payer.

Cops who don't like it, find another job.

lp

Old 02-13-2008, 04:11 PM
roxnatwist
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The PD's have trouble finding decent applicants because of stuff like this. I'm not defending the cop- what he did was wrong but why would anybody want a low paying job where you have to worry about this kind of crap? Unfortunately, my stepson has been in some trouble with the law and through going to court with him I have seen the kind of crap these guys put up with every day. I'm sure it gets old. On the other hand, if you can't control yourself, maybe it's time to start looking for another job. That guy actually looked more like a meter maid anyway.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:22 PM
dancing bear
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel for all the decent LEO's having to answer for this jerkoff.Makes me feel safe that this kind of guy would put his hands on a 14 year old kid.If that was my kid and I saw that video,I would gladly let him try to throw me around.Pathetic.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Tulsa Rambler
Advanced

Ok I have a couple to things to say.

I have been treated very bad by the police - in the past - just becouse I was riding a motorcycle and just did not look OK to them. Have had them talk and be very mean to me. So when I see something like this going on I just have a "flash back". If the police man is mad already and you do anything to ag it on you are going to be in trouble. The badge should make him stand taller not smaller. I do not care what kind of a mouth that kid had on him, the police man should never have laid hands on him.

It is probly a good thing the kid did not get his mother on the phone or the police man might have beat her up also.

You know what thay say - small car -- small d--k.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:59 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Exactly my thoughts. The cop may have been a little over the top, but he's probably tired of dealing with punks like this on a daily basis. Whadya wanna bet the parents have already filed a lawsuit against the police dept and the cop and told his punk kid he was in the right and was "victimized".

ORIGINAL: Duracell

The officer was a little over the top but it would never have been a problem if the kid had showed even a tiny bit of respect. Not just because he was a cop but because he was an adult.

It's obvious by his remarks that he has no idea what he's doing wrong. His confusion comes from pi$$ poor parenting. He wasn't trying to be a smart a$$ so much as he simply doesn't see any need to show any respect at all to any one, respect doesn't even cross his mind. Unfortunatly it's all to common these days. Schools aren't allowed to teach it any more and too many parents don't.