Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power trip cop

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 01:22 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts
Default RE: power trip cop

The kids a punk who definately has no respect for anything.The other two didn't mouth off to the officer and did what they were told.He should of been cuffed and drug down to Juvie Hall and his parents called.All you LEO haters,flame on.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:24 PM
cowkiller
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: mdtpr

Is this forum a f#ckin cop bashin site or a harley site?? If you hate this cop get on another forum...maybe the Baltimore City Police one would be a good start. You all hate us until YOU have a problem then we are the best, unless of course we lock your a$$ up for being a moron too! lol
Why should I/we get on another forum. Is this a Cops withHarleysonly forum? Typical attitude for an self rightious,underpayed public servant who has forgotten who's feeding Him. My dog ain't that stupid!
No one was bashing cops as a group until now.You were the first person to use the word Hate!
And my opinion is that copsAREa problem and the last resort. I won't be calling you guys until I'm almost out of ammo.
I resent the fact we pay to be mistreated, assumed quilty until proven innocent,sometimes stalked,and generally scrutinized by a group of people that think they are better than me. We pay too much for the "service" we get.
This is coming from a guy who has never been arrested! As a whole you people need to feel superior to the very citizens who pay you to serve them.
What if your waiter at the place you took your wife for dinnerassumed you were going to dine and dash. you would not go back. Police Officers duties are to SERVE the public not harass.
I served as a volunteer fireman/ emt in a rural area for quite some time and I can assure you I have seen my share of abusiveauthority. You don't have the authority nor the brains to be the best at anything my friend.
CK
Oh Yeah I almost forgot.....BAD COP-NO DONUT!!!!!

Old 02-13-2008, 01:52 PM
outlaw0013
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not ALL LEO'S are the same. Father was cops 26 years until he passed. Was Chief of Police Assoc. President of NY state for 2 years. Was a cop 26 years and in that time I met a few a@@holes. Some were like the one mentioned above but most were not.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:11 PM
Wecroft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: mdtpr

Is this forum a f#ckin cop bashin site or a harley site?? If you hate this cop get on another forum...maybe the Baltimore City Police one would be a good start. You all hate us until YOU have a problem then we are the best, unless of course we lock your a$$ up for being a moron too! lol
19 posts and laying down the law.The cop did the bashing, orare you looking at a different video?

Old 02-13-2008, 02:15 PM
rochkes
Elite HDF Member
Received 461 Likes on 212 Posts

We have all saw this argument over and over all of our lives........... I just want to remind everyone that cops are people. I have no idea if most are bad or most are good because I think there are around 500,000 leos in this country. I haven't met any wheres close to 250,000 of them so I can't say which way "most" of them are.

I can tell you that all I have had to deal with personally have been fair with me. I am confident to say most if not allleos in my area are good, but I have never dealt with any from other places, especially urban leos.I think the real problem is that most of us grow up thinking people in certain professions are better people than most. Cops, teachers, firefighters, clergymen, etc.

The said reality is that there are a certain amount of idiots in all professions. It stings worse whena cop or a priest is found to be less than admirable because we assumed them to be good.
And many people tend to look down on the whole profession because the bads ones get all the publicity. Nobody feels the need to break out the camcorder when someone is doing an outstanding job. There are a few exceptions of course, once in a blue moon a cop, teacher or whatever does get praise for doing a good job, but not in fair proportion to the ones who screw up.

It takes someone very different than me to want to be a leo, and someone much, much more different from me to be good at it.

BTW, I am a self employed specialty machinist and rancher from a very rural area. My lifes record consists of three speeding tickets. I have deserved to be thrown in jail countless times for getting carried away with my recreation, but have always (knock on wood) been given a break. It is my experience that a little respect and honesty goes a long, long way when you are caught screwing up.

Dennis

Old 02-13-2008, 02:17 PM
bear95
Intermediate

These are not questions in regards to the video. I think everyone can agree that situation did not go well. However your remarks do not seem to be aimed at that video.

I'm just curious if: "cops ARE a problem"
Then what would your solution be?

I can respect your waiter analogy but waiters don't have to worry about getting shot, stabbed, exposed to HIV/HEP C, sued, and any number of other things. Not that the guy in the video did either but I'm just saying it's not the same thing.

The Police are to serve the public "Trust" not necessarily individual citizens. Arresting a drunk driver isn't serving that citizen directly, except by maybe saving his life. The drunk getting arrested is serving the community or public trust as a whole by taking a threat off of the street.

Just because you have worked around cops dosen't mean you have ever been one or know what it's like to be one. I could get a good look at a T-Bone by sticking my head up a cows *** but I'd rather take the butchers word for it.....I also used to be a big fan of Sam the butcher on the Brady Bunch but just because I watched that show dosen't mean I know what is like to be one.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:50 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

No disrespect to cops, but Rivieri is over the line. The badass talk is one thing, but putting a headlock on the kid and throwing him down, then taking his skateboard is too much. A firm but tactful scolding without yelling and threatening the kids would've sufficed, and I don't doubt the kids would've responded much more willingly. Rivieri just asked for backtalk, and got it. I work in a profession where I deal with amorphous groups that sometimes get unruly, and there's a fine line between firm and rude. Firm gets the job done, but rude creates resentment. Rivieri was rude to the extreme.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Erdnase
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just glad the other kid had the camera rolling. Without the video I'm sure this wouldn't have seen the light of day! I hope he gets canned!

Old 02-13-2008, 03:00 PM
cowkiller
Cruiser

Bear you seem like a reasoable guy. We as citizens deserve to be treated better by police.
In my hometown a cop was trading sexual favors to let people pass for their threats to society. I think he should be drawn and quartered. Who defended this jerk? MORE COPS
Not every citizen is going to stab,shoot,sue ect.a copbut we are all being treated that way at one time or another. The solution is to better screen,better train, because what you guys do ain't easy but it is what you do. so do it! police yourselves, instead of defending this *** clown bysticking up for that kind of behaviour from a public servant is hardly excusable.
From the replies from other leos so far you can see that many more got the "he deserved it" attitude than not. THAT IS A PROBLEM! the solution is zero tolerence for gestapo like behaviour.From you and your peers.
Unlike looking up a cows *** to see the t-bone Police action is seen by everyone and more so now that people are generally pretty damn tired of it.

Old 02-13-2008, 03:14 PM
TC96Man
Cruiser

That fat *** better be glad that was not my kid, I' ll be sitting in jail right now!! Hope they fire his a$$, that was just down right uncalled for. Those parents better pursue a lawsuit against him, in my opinion.

Later,

JB