Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power trip cop

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 12:05 PM
eglidetrike1
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: power trip cop

He just gaveus LEO's another black eye.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:09 PM
cowkiller
Cruiser

the cop looks like the bees in the old SNL skit where "beanies buzzin off" I dug his car. I think it added to his tough guy personna.I like to shove his respect, his badge, and his department up his ***.

The kid won't have to work now. after the settlement he will become a drug dealer.
My guess is the cop will loose his job, his alchoholism will win and these two will meet again in ten years in REHAB

Cops like that make it tough for the good ones... there are some good ones... right? .

For the defesive cop bear...Uhhh...Cow-killer figure it out...You're in police work... I beat my meat!

Old 02-13-2008, 12:13 PM
Phurion
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are right ways to handle situations, then there are wrong ways.

Personally, from what I could tell in that video, I believe all parties involved handled it poorly (the "wrong" way).

As someone else suggested, none of us knows what happened before the clip started.

I'd like to give the LEO the benefit of the doubt, but his behavior was pretty unprofessional and certainly not mature.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:26 PM
bear95
Intermediate

Your response was funny. Your comments were directed at that guy who did come off as an ***. I'm sure you haveseen other posts thatstart to go all over the place and wouldn't even be talking about that guy before long, I guess that's what I was talking about......I thinkI'd be mad at the world too ifI had to wear those short and drive that crappy little car.......LOL.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:30 PM
mdtpr
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this forum a f#ckin cop bashin site or a harley site?? If you hate this cop get on another forum...maybe the Baltimore City Police one would be a good start. You all hate us until YOU have a problem then we are the best, unless of course we lock your a$$ up for being a moron too! lol

Old 02-13-2008, 12:39 PM
backnasaddle
Tourer

Hell, I'll bet he's pissed at the world cuz they make him wear that sissy *** uniform and ride around in that sissy *** car .

Seriously, I had to watch a poor quality video on CNN.com. My firewall won't allow this link, so I couldn't tell much. It looked like the kid was being a dick and the cop was being a dick rightback. Seems to be par for the course these days.

I've been on this planet 52 years and I've never seen so manypeople treating each other so miserably as I've seen in the last5 years or so.What theHELL is everyone so mad at!? Seems like 9-11 didn't teach us a F _ cking thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-13-2008, 12:41 PM
IronLegend
Tourer

Never been to Baltimore andif he's representative ofthe attitude of the cops down there never will. Who needs that aggrivation.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:51 PM
Duracell
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,659 Likes on 581 Posts

The officer was a little over the top but it would never have been a problem if the kid had showed even a tiny bit of respect. Not just because he was a cop but because he was an adult.

It's obvious by his remarks that he has no idea what he's doing wrong. His confusion comes from pi$$ poor parenting. He wasn't trying to be a smart a$$ so much as he simply doesn't see any need to show any respect at all to any one, respect doesn't even cross his mind. Unfortunatly it's all to common these days. Schools aren't allowed to teach it any more and too many parents don't.

No I'm not a LEO. but flameaway if it makes you feel better.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:54 PM
SloChicken
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow!

Generally, I don't have much opinion on cops one way or another.
And I will say this,
I was a bit of a wild one when I was young, speeding around, ditching cops on my little sportbikes/motocross bikeson occasion and all that jazz.
Somehow survived that stupidity, and later became a Firefighter/Paramedic, and later went back to school to begin my career asa Critical Care(ICU) Nurse.
So, yeah, I guess I have been around the fuzzabout as much as the next guy, worked with them, and I guess early-on, worked against 'em.I appreciate the job they do and will be the first to say, cops have a tough job and don't backed up or get paid enough.

However,many times, I don't think they are prepared for what they face on the streets.A higher qualitative selection process will yield cops better prepared to handle situations that make one's blood boil.
I am not trying to imply cops that aren't formally educated and do their learning on the streetscan't be good cops. I am saying that some of them won't be able to figurethatpartout and will end up throwing a kid on the ground to take his skateboard from him.It happens sometimes,cops come onto the job anddon't know know how to act when dealing with snotty kids that **** 'em off, and look what happened.

The list for taking someone to the ground seems short and it seems if that happens, someone is going to the can. No exceptions:

Was it a weapon?
Was the kid fleeing from a crime?
Was someone endangered by the childs actions?
If so the kid should be in handcuffs right away and charged, but that didn't happen. Strange ...

Seeminglythis is another case of a cop not knowing how to act, making an ostensibly poor decision, and andthus ensuring that another young kid has good reason to perpetuate the "cops suck" attitude.

Departments don't require officers to get an education (i.e., Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in related field) prior to applyingas a result we end up with ****'hole cops that make the average citizen feel like we are on the other side.

IMO Lame

I have been hopeful that standards for police became higher along with their pay. I hate to see this kind of ***** going on. We (except criminals) are supposed to be on the same side.

Pretty rediculous.

On a more humerous note, Is that really what cops have to wear and drive in B'more?
Or is he some sort of n'er do wellmeter maid? That is what I think.

Mebbe that is why he is so pissed.

Whatever, the guy is a dick and whether or not the camera was there, if it is necessary to take someone to the ground, then it should be documented and no phone call to mommie would get someone off the hook.

or

The cop phukked up, and he will be one of those cross-eyed bouncers sitting on a barstool at the door soon.

Of course I am just an *******, and this is my opinion

Old 02-13-2008, 01:06 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The kid was very respectful the cop went over board by touching the kid and taking the skateboard. This kid will have a very good case. This cop probably had a bad day but his next few months will get worst. I would be pissed if a cop did that to my kid. JMHO